Gas in crankcase oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you got it going hopefully it is fixed. Yep it will clean them.

I have lived by a few oil change rules. No more than 3000 miles between changes.
If it starts looking dirty I change it as contaminants are in there. even if it only has 2000 miles on it.
I like clean oil.
I beat the crap out of my vehicles and oil is cheap.
If i race it hard for a Friday night I will usually change oil within a couple days.
I have had the oil in a car for 1 day before and changed it. same thing for my 12000 rpm V65 magna engine.
I beat on that hard and it treated me well.

Some oils today really do not have the stuff in them to protect against sheer and hard contact.
I am a bit picky on oils BITOG.com is a good place to visit as is speedtalk and chevelles.com for oil information.

540 rat has posted a bunch of his testing results on oil.

My cars are all older than many of what you guys drive and if you have good luck going 10,000 miles between oil changes that is great..I am old school and suppose I like changing oil.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, that wasn't what I meant.

Engines used to have a mechanical fuel pump mounted on the side of the block that was powered by the camshaft. Sometimes the diaphram would rupture, and allow fuel to be pumped (or siphoned with the engine off) directly into the crankcase.

Hopefully you found the problem, just keep an eye on it for a few days. :drunk2:

I got ya Mac, I knew where you were going with the mechanical pump. This particular vehicle has an electric pump in the tank. Thanks for the suggestion.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep a lot more too it than just keeping oil clean you must worry about the additive packages in oil and make sure they are compatible with what you want that oil to do for you.

Clean makes me feel better once I know I have the oil I need. Kind of like clean rifle and pistol cases it just makes me feel better.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a really clean engine just go get some diesel oil. As a teen was working at a truck wash where they also serviced the trucks and was running low. One of the guys "topped" my car up for free with some 15w40 Rotella-T. The bad thing is the engine was old and the rings were likely full of carbon which was quickly cleaned out causing the rings to pretty much fall out. But once the carbon started getting cleaned out it ran REAL good till about the time the compression was gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom