Gas Prices!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So you guys are saving $10-20. Back when I was a kid I worked at 7-11 When the gas war was going on. This one guy comes in with a trailer and 4 55 gallon drums. After he filled them up his tires went flat on the trailer. The things some people will do to save a few bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t get use to the cheap gas prices.

U.S. ethanol plants to shut-in 2B gallons annualized production
Mar. 24, 2020 2:56 PM ET (GPRE)By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor11 Comments
  • Ethanol names including Green Plains (GPRE +19.1%) and Renewable Energy (REGI +9.6%) are rallying after the head of the Renewable Fuels Association says U.S. ethanol companies are on track to shut ~2B gallons of annualized production by the end of this week because of a demand slump.
  • "We're nearing 2 billion gallons of capacity on an annualized basis that was operating as recently as a month ago that we think by the end of this week will be offline," RFA President Geoff Cooper tells Reuters, adding that he is urging Congress and the Trump administration to help the industry and its workers.
  • The U.S. blends ~15B gallons of ethanol into the country's gasoline each year.
  • The profit margin for producing ethanol in the U.S. fell last week to minus 9.68 cents/gallon, a seven-year low, according to Iowa State University's Center for Agricultural and Rural Development.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you guys are saving $10-20. Back when I was a kid I worked at 7-11 When the gas war was going on. This one guy comes in with a trailer and 4 55 gallon drums. After he filled them up his tires went flat on the trailer. The things some people will do to save a few bucks.

Neckbeards of OSA! LOL

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe we will luck out and prices will still be low when we have our next 1,000 gal of gas and 1,000 gal of diesel delivered. Usually delivery guy just fills our holding tanks but shoot we might should line all of the equipment up and portable tanks for him to fill while he’s here. Might be a good time to have him drop us a drum of motor oil and a drum of hydraulic oil too.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhh the taxes...I forgot about the....road fund benefits. ...or the insane amount of taxes.
FWIW, Oklahoma and Texas are tied for sixth lowest gas tax in the country. It could be much worse--California's gas tax is over $0.60/gal (putting them dead last), and some states have sales taxes on top of the gas tax.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2015 and 2016 Halliburton would bring in their oil rigs on their big red trucks and park them by their machine shop.They put up a cyclone fence and had 2-300 trucks sitting there for over a year.I was in north Texas this morning and I saw 4 trucks coming this way hauling the oil rigs.Not a good sign.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friend of mine worked for Haliburton.
He was on the crew capping wells.
Years ago that is.. He stated many of the wells they capped were producing very good.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How much is a good 5 gallon gas can? Even at $10.00 wouldn't that gas need to be $2 less than it will be in the next few months to break even? Add stabilizer to get 6 months storage... it just doesn't compute for me.

Some people do math differently. (Differently is what we will call it.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom