Gas Prices!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe we will luck out and prices will still be low when we have our next 1,000 gal of gas and 1,000 gal of diesel delivered. Usually delivery guy just fills our holding tanks but shoot we might should line all of the equipment up and portable tanks for him to fill while he’s here. Might be a good time to have him drop us a drum of motor oil and a drum of hydraulic oil too.
Go buy a couple 5 gallon cans also! :rubhands:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a station in Shawnee in highland and Kickapoo that has 100% gas for $1.26!! It was $1.38 two days ago. I just bought two more gas cans from Atwood’s so I’m fixing to fill those up. I’ll have five 5 gallon cans full. And my generator has 7 gallons in it already.
The gas is now $1.19 and at firelake it is $1.29!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much is a good 5 gallon gas can? Even at $10.00 wouldn't that gas need to be $2 less than it will be in the next few months to break even? Add stabilizer to get 6 months storage... it just doesn't compute for me.

Some people do math differently. (Differently is what we will call it.)
Mine sits for 8-12 months and it’s still good.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2015 and 2016 Halliburton would bring in their oil rigs on their big red trucks and park them by their machine shop.They put up a cyclone fence and had 2-300 trucks sitting there for over a year.I was in north Texas this morning and I saw 4 trucks coming this way hauling the oil rigs.Not a good sign.

Friend of mine worked for Haliburton.
He was on the crew capping wells.
Years ago that is.. He stated many of the wells they capped were producing very good.

At $25 oil every rig will get stacked. The rigs that are drilling now will finish up, they've already allocated the money, but afterwards they'll get stacked.

I was working a project in the Permian (the hottest area in the country) and when oil dropped to $50 they were putting on the brakes then. They had a $15 per barrel transportation cost which leaves them with a $35 net for each barrel they produce. That was a breakeven scenario. Can't fault them for that, they aren't in business to drill for philanthropic reasons.

And wells will get shut in too. Why would you keep pumping at this price when you'll never get your investment back? When you pull it out it's just gone, it's a finite amount for every well. If it's shut in, it's still there to sell when times are better.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is probably one of our members.
Snapchat-414529786.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom