Gasoline Rotation Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to run mine. Book says to run under a load every 6 months.
I use a 1000 watt flood light for a load.

Mine says to run under load once a month. I've probably went 6 without doing it and have never had to re-excite the magnets. My manual doesn't say how much load and kind of implies that it doesn't really matter, but I've always wondered if I should really load it up or just throw SOMETHING on it. I usually put my air compressor on it and maybe the wife's hair dryer if I feel like going in for it.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great reminder post....I do the Sta Bil thing faithfully, and keep my 6 five gallon jugs filled and rotated....plus gen 5 gal full... I have found ZERO problems with treated gas, in everything...and it's great to run the gens. I set my reminders as tasks on my Google calendar, to help my feeble memory recall when it's time to buy gas and rotate.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just cranked up my generator and topped off the gas. It's ready for any emergencies this winter.
I also change out my gas every fall.
I generally run my lawn mower dry for the winter but I fill up my boat, wave runner and golf cart at the lake every fall with 100% gas and Stabil. Gas if fresh and ready to go come spring.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Figured I'd renew this post.
I usually rotate my gas when daylight savings time comes around.
Did it a bit early this year, but have it done.

So, if you guys store some gas for your generators, now is the time to rotate it.
If you don't know about rotating your gas supply, study up a bit cause it will go bad just when you need it
And if you don't run your generators at least once a month, now is a good time to start them up and make sure that they are running.
You really don't want to find out your genny don't run and your gas has gone bad during an ice storm.
Sucks, I can tell you.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom