Gate openers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’ve noticed sometimes my gate opener is ready to work immediately and sometimes it kinda drags along. I deal with this about 10 times a day every day for about 6 months of the year and the rest of the year I don’t use the gate opener often since I’m not dealing with as many gates. My gate opener is only 38 years old but still in very good working condition. I know it’s not a signal issue because the gate opener comes right out of sleep mode first thing in the morning and I can tell acknowledges any command to open or close a gate but kinda slow to actually perform the task. I dunno, sometimes the gate opener seems to have a mind of its own. Right now I’m sitting at the kitchen table waiting for the gate opener to get off the phone so we can go get to work. Any of y’all have this problem or know how to get a gate opener to respond more quickly?

Thanks for any help you have. Please make sure your suggestions won’t result in me getting a black eye.
Have you changed the oil

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gate opener usually sits in the truck taking pictures of me out in the snow that’s blowing sideways then says to me it looks like it cold out there.

I’ve definitely failed in my training.
Your passenger seat is too comfortable. You need to pile lots of necessary things you need behind the passenger seat. This way your gate opener wants to get out and stretch her legs occasionally. You need, 4 jackets/coats, a few bath towels (these are found in the gate openers bathroom closet), 2 or 3 catch ropes, 2 hotshots (neither will work when you need them), several cans of wasp spray, numerous boxes of ammo (preferably in the appropriate caliber for the current feed truck gun), several hats, gloves lots of gloves gloves should be scattered everywhere, chains for pulling equipment and calves, ratchet straps, rolls of paper towels and toilet paper, 3 cans of boluses, 15 bolus guns cuz they disappear somehow, several needles (injecting and stitching kind, syringes we want syringes everywhere, random garments. That should handle a regular cab feed truck and give the gate opener just enough room to appreciate getting to ride in the cab instead of on the back. If you have an extended cab the add more gloves, bolus guns and 5 more catch ropes or as many as needed to achieve the desired lack of leg room in passenger quarters. If you have a crew cab add a Rick of firewood. See if this works.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’ve noticed sometimes my gate opener is ready to work immediately and sometimes it kinda drags along. I deal with this about 10 times a day every day for about 6 months of the year and the rest of the year I don’t use the gate opener often since I’m not dealing with as many gates. My gate opener is only 38 years old but still in very good working condition. I know it’s not a signal issue because the gate opener comes right out of sleep mode first thing in the morning and I can tell acknowledges any command to open or close a gate but kinda slow to actually perform the task. I dunno, sometimes the gate opener seems to have a mind of its own. Right now I’m sitting at the kitchen table waiting for the gate opener to get off the phone so we can go get to work. Any of y’all have this problem or know how to get a gate opener to respond more quickly?

Thanks for any help you have. Please make sure your suggestions won’t result in me getting a black eye.
If your gate opener will still give a mouth hug occasionally then keep using it and don't complain. No need to upgrade to a newer model.

Latest posts

Top Bottom