Gators wintering in Oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had gators for years in SE OK. We were scoping a project (SH-259) in McCurtain Co 5-6 years ago and I had set a new alignment to correct the horrible geometry. We were going to have to walk the alignment later until the environmental report came out mentioning gators as a protected Species and then no one wanted to walk that line LOL. We farmed out that project to a consultant.
I think there are some in Texoma lake as well

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There have been gators in the Red River and up the tributaries into McCurtain County for decades. I did some work around several creeks in the area for a year and a half, but never saw a gator.

Also, the alligators are Federally protected due to “similarity of appearance” to crocodiles, which are Federally listed.

Last edited:

Aaron87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had gators for years in SE OK. We were scoping a project (SH-259) in McCurtain Co 5-6 years ago and I had set a new alignment to correct the horribloe geometry. We were going to have to walk the alignment later untill the environmental report came out mentioning gators as a protected Species and then no one wanted to walk that line LOL. We farmed out that project to a consultant.
I think there are some in Texoma lake as well
The signs are still up at the lake saying the are there. My stepmom is an officer manager at one of the marinas, but we have never seen one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom