GB transfer in Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwesley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
New to online auctions/transfers. Seems some local FFLs will only receive guns from another FFL.

Does anyone know an FFL that accepts guns from individuals...and preferably has a reasonable transfer fee?

I searched, but only found old info in existing threads.

Thanks.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, Patrick would likely do it, and I would be surprised if FBT wouldn't do it, too.

Just curious, why would you want to use an FFL for this? Unless it's an out-of-state transfer in, in which case I withdraw my question. ;)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Now THAT'S interesting! I'm all for it... I've always wondered about the high prices some people charge, which I would NEVER pay. $10 or $20 would be my absolute limit - it's handing me a piece of paper and calling it in when I'm done - or doing it online, as a lot are doing now. And the WOW folks make a good point, it gets people in your doors. Bravo for them and I wish them luck. If they were close, this would definitely make a difference in my attitude toward patronizing their store.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now THAT'S interesting! I'm all for it... I've always wondered about the high prices some people charge, which I would NEVER pay. $10 or $20 would be my absolute limit - it's handing me a piece of paper and calling it in when I'm done - or doing it online, as a lot are doing now. And the WOW folks make a good point, it gets people in your doors. Bravo for them and I wish them luck. If they were close, this would definitely make a difference in my attitude toward patronizing their store.
Once you go through the licensing process and realize that you are responsible for those transfers including the paperwork forever, you start to realize that maybe it should be worth something. I'm not gonna do it for free.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying that it SHOULD be free, but that it's a neat service someone else is offering. But it's certainly not worth $40 or more like people seem to think. You put the paper in a file and it's never seen or thought of again unless something bad should happen. In which case you provide it to the ATF... it's not like a dealer is going to be held liable for something like that if it's done properly and appropriately. Sure, I don't mind compensating someone for their time. Of course, when the democrats get their way and make ALL transfers go through a dealer, we're going to see some interesting fireworks as it regards these various transfer fees...

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying that it SHOULD be free, but that it's a neat service someone else is offering. But it's certainly not worth $40 or more like people seem to think. You put the paper in a file and it's never seen or thought of again unless something bad should happen. In which case you provide it to the ATF... it's not like a dealer is going to be held liable for something like that if it's done properly and appropriately. Sure, I don't mind compensating someone for their time. Of course, when the democrats get their way and make ALL transfers go through a dealer, we're going to see some interesting fireworks as it regards these various transfer fees...

How much do you earn per hour? $25 barely covers the time I spend processing one transfer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom