GB transfer in Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwesley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've contacted Patrick. I'm new to all this, so I'm a bit impatient (and don't want to send off payment before securing an FFL for the transfer). I could hardly sleep last night, after winning the auction. Does it usually take awhile to get all this going? I've sent him the GB seller/auction info, and I'm waiting to hear back. I don't know if he's going to contact the seller himself, or email me the info to print and send with my payment.

jwesley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Patrick will get you taken care of. Although, there might be additional fees for being impatient.

Well...his site says his hours are 5pm - 7pm, and the last I heard from him was shortly after 4pm. I assume you're probably joking, but if it's going to cost more money (or too much time...not there yet), I might be better off with someone who does this full-time. But like I said, I'm new to this, so I really don't have anything to go on without some response from the FFL. I don't even know if this is par for the course. As it stands, my peace of mine might be worth twice the price (assuming another FFL might be more responsive). But I'll give it until early tomorrow.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now THAT'S interesting! I'm all for it... I've always wondered about the high prices some people charge, which I would NEVER pay. $10 or $20 would be my absolute limit - it's handing me a piece of paper and calling it in when I'm done - or doing it online, as a lot are doing now. And the WOW folks make a good point, it gets people in your doors. Bravo for them and I wish them luck. If they were close, this would definitely make a difference in my attitude toward patronizing their store.

You should come to Lawton, The typical transfer fee is $40. All of the local pawn shops have collaborated to charge the higher price. I was lucky to find my FFL, He is a Dentist and only does transfers. He doesn't sell anything and he does the transfer for $20, which is a great price here in Lawton

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't heard back from Patrick, so I'm going with another FFL.

Wow, you sure are antsy. Whenever I've won something off GB, it usually takes about 5-10 business days after I send off the payment, to when Patrick receives it. He's my transfer guy, and well worth the $10 he charges and his limited hours. Patience is a virtue!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, you sure are antsy. Whenever I've won something off GB, it usually takes about 5-10 business days after I send off the payment, to when Patrick receives it. He's my transfer guy, and well worth the $10 he charges and his limited hours. Patience is a virtue!

And that is another reason why so many dealers do not believe that transfers are worth the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom