Gear storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, let’s say you want a nice storage solution for your gear. Who’s the go to? Flimsy Rubbermaid boxes that don’t lock? Expensive pelican cases that aren’t modular? If you’re like me, neither of these solutions are optimal. But over the past year,I feel that I’ve found a better solution.

Milwaukee pack out boxes.

it all started when I had my fishing gear stolen two years ago. I originally had all my stuff in a Plano guide series bag. Nice bag, but honestly it didn’t do what I wanted. There was no space for a “tackle box gun” no space for snacks or water, and no space for my extra crap like line, bait/filet knives, etc. it was also a pain to carry around. When replacing my fishing gear, I purchased a larger guide bag:
1A70F927-A61B-4CBC-A487-EAD2D11E7A76.png

I still had the same issues. It was also extremely expensive, and the shoulder strap tore the first time out. I also still needed to drag out a chair. But I had recently purchased a pack out rolling toolbox, which to my dismay, didn’t store my tools very well. I couldn’t store more than a circular saw and drill in it, my tools just didn’t fit very well, and weren’t organized. So I tried fitting my fishing tackle in it. Worked perfect. As you can see here, I fit my bait/filet knives, extra stuff, two large soft worm bags, a small tackle bag for when I’m mobile, 5 large 3700 size divider boxes, and two smaller divider boxes in there, with room to space. Did I mention it has a gasket on the lid, big wheels, ability to padlock it closed and chain it to my truck, a drag handle, and the ability to lock other pack out boxes on top? I can add a Milwaukee cooler, utility crate, whatever I need. It also works nicely as a seat. I even think they have battery powered area lighting compatible with the system. What’s even better? At $130 It cost me $30-40 less than the Plano tackle bag, and that’s before the Home Depot military discount. It has worked beautifully for me since I started using it.
5DEAD513-9F23-4A11-8FD9-9EE182157DFE.jpeg
9A04EB29-80E9-4C96-ABF6-6925B5D8E3DC.jpeg
D150E34F-5989-4EFD-9D42-659ECC281B3E.jpeg

Milwaukee also just released a larger version, as seen here:
27D5B01C-706D-4E5A-8C9E-89B556895DF1.png

At $230 before tax and Home Depot military discount it is roughly $200 less than a comparably sized pelican case. It’s more modular and better off road than a pelican case, still has the gasketed lid, and has space inside for dividers and other stuff. Still has a padlock hole to secure it closed and chain it to my truck. It’s leaps and bounds better than my current overstuffed Rubbermaid box too, and I don’t have to worry about zip tying the lid on when going on a trip. I’m currently painting it to be a little less conspicuous than the traditional Milwaukee black and red, but once I get it finished I’ll update this thread. Just wanted to share, I think this stuff might work nice for others.

what do you guys use for gear storage?

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, let’s say you want a nice storage solution for your gear. Who’s the go to? Flimsy Rubbermaid boxes that don’t lock? Expensive pelican cases that aren’t modular? If you’re like me, neither of these solutions are optimal. But over the past year,I feel that I’ve found a better solution.

Milwaukee pack out boxes.

it all started when I had my fishing gear stolen two years ago. I originally had all my stuff in a Plano guide series bag. Nice bag, but honestly it didn’t do what I wanted. There was no space for a “tackle box gun” no space for snacks or water, and no space for my extra crap like line, bait/filet knives, etc. it was also a pain to carry around. When replacing my fishing gear, I purchased a larger guide bag:
View attachment 251681

I still had the same issues. It was also extremely expensive, and the shoulder strap tore the first time out. I also still needed to drag out a chair. But I had recently purchased a pack out rolling toolbox, which to my dismay, didn’t store my tools very well. I couldn’t store more than a circular saw and drill in it, my tools just didn’t fit very well, and weren’t organized. So I tried fitting my fishing tackle in it. Worked perfect. As you can see here, I fit my bait/filet knives, extra stuff, two large soft worm bags, a small tackle bag for when I’m mobile, 5 large 3700 size divider boxes, and two smaller divider boxes in there, with room to space. Did I mention it has a gasket on the lid, big wheels, ability to padlock it closed and chain it to my truck, a drag handle, and the ability to lock other pack out boxes on top? I can add a Milwaukee cooler, utility crate, whatever I need. It also works nicely as a seat. I even think they have battery powered area lighting compatible with the system. What’s even better? At $130 It cost me $30-40 less than the Plano tackle bag, and that’s before the Home Depot military discount. It has worked beautifully for me since I started using it.
View attachment 251682View attachment 251683View attachment 251685
Milwaukee also just released a larger version, as seen here:View attachment 251691
At $230 before tax and Home Depot military discount it is roughly $200 less than a comparably sized pelican case. It’s more modular and better off road than a pelican case, still has the gasketed lid, and has space inside for dividers and other stuff. Still has a padlock hole to secure it closed and chain it to my truck. It’s leaps and bounds better than my current overstuffed Rubbermaid box too, and I don’t have to worry about zip tying the lid on when going on a trip. I’m currently painting it to be a little less conspicuous than the traditional Milwaukee black and red, but once I get it finished I’ll update this thread. Just wanted to share, I think this stuff might work nice for others.

what do you guys use for gear storage?
Good tip. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom