Gem-Tech GEMTAX DAY!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I have been doing research on some cans and I have heard that a lot. I am almost set on getting the YHM Cobra M2 but I know there are better ones out there. The price difference is about the only thing that is allowing me to get one though. All the videos and specs i've seen looks really good to me. I would love to hear one in person though. What I do not want to do is hear is a first class suppressor that makes my want to go buy a $1,000 one!

I sent an email and a call to Bryon with no luck.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went from no stamps to five stamps all last year! What I did was paid the I think $30 1 year fee to silencerresearch.com and listened and watched all the current cans being shot and tested. There are also some free reviews there of older cans. A small investment before making my final purchases. Bryon actually did some of the reviews with John a year or so ago.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loud. FRP is horrendous. If you're going to buy a .45 can I see no reason to not get a Ti-Rant or the Osprey. Anything else is just flushing your cash on a .45 can. Those are the only two that are hearing safe dry. Shooting .45 cans wet to get them quiet is nasty and annoying. You will have black speckles all over your face and clothes and your gun will be a mess when you're done.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing gemtech makes that is remotely interesting to me is the Sandstorm.

DG, whats you're pick between the Sandstorm and the Quicksand?

What's your honest opinion of the THM Cobra M2?

Loud. FRP is horrendous. If you're going to buy a .45 can I see no reason to not get a Ti-Rant or the Osprey. Anything else is just flushing your cash on a .45 can. Those are the only two that are hearing safe dry. Shooting .45 cans wet to get them quiet is nasty and annoying. You will have black speckles all over your face and clothes and your gun will be a mess when you're done.

This.

I have yet to get a .45 can but when I do it will be the AAC Ti-Rant or the Osprey for the reasons Dustin stated above. Of course unless something else comes out before I buy. If you don't have a suppressor yet, I would suggest getting a 22 can first. They are the quietest. If you start with a 45 can you might be disappointed b/c they are not movie quiet cans. Some 22 cans approach movie quiet. I started with a 22 can and like I said have 5 stamps now. If determined to start with the 45 can honesly I would save a little more and get one of the two we've mentioned. Oh and FRP is First Round Pop if you didn't know.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

I have yet to get a .45 can but when I do it will be the AAC Ti-Rant or the Osprey for the reasons Dustin stated above. Of course unless something else comes out before I buy. If you don't have a suppressor yet, I would suggest getting a 22 can first. They are the quietest. If you start with a 45 can you might be disappointed b/c they are not movie quiet cans. Some 22 cans approach movie quiet. I started with a 22 can and like I said have 5 stamps now. If determined to start with the 45 can honesly I would save a little more and get one of the two we've mentioned. Oh and FRP is First Round Pop if you didn't know.

I understand that just about anything I get won't be hollywood, but from the videos I've seen of the YHM, I am satisfied at that level. I see what everyone is saying though. It sounds like I need to shoot one before I spend the cash and wait 3 months for something I don't like. I thought about getting one for my Walther P22 but if I'm going to get one, I figured it would be for my .45. With a toddler to raise, I don't think I'll be buying many suppressors.....I don't think anyways.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I gather on other sites, Gemtech is only doing one can this year. No real specifics on which one yet but rumor is the Trek-T. I guess have to wait and see tomorrow. Anyone heard from or talked to Major lately?

Latest posts

Top Bottom