Gene Sears RIP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only purchased one time from his store, several years ago (prior to the virus). But he was so nice, and very helpful. RIP, sir!

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received an email that Gene passed away yesterday morning. For those that do not know him, he owned Gene Sears Supply in El Reno and I think it has been there since the earth cooled.

I have bought several guns from his store.

Just a FYI.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I’m sorry to hear. I believe it was he that offered law enforcement officers a discount price on the original tiger mini-14. It was a ridiculous crazy low price compared to today’s standards. I can’t recall, but it was like $159.00. Got us a rifle, 30 rd mag, and Gene threw in a couple of boxes of military ball ammo. We had to pay up front for an order and wait for them to come in. I believe it was Gene. Anyway, that was back in about 1975 give or take. Can’t remember for sure. Brain injuries have a habit of doing that. I wish I still had that gun. Rest In Peace Mr. Sears. Thank you for all you did for people.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
several years ago, Gene was telling me some of his shooting stories IIRC his grandad was in law enforcement, remember Gene showing me an old 38 revolver, but can't remember the full story

Latest posts

Top Bottom