General Contractor / Spec Home Builder Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, Not sure if we have any on OSA or if there are others in the construction industry that can help answer this question. I'm looking for what the average cost per square foot is to build a home in OK. Not necessarily looking for a bare bones production/tract home sq/ft price but something in the higher end spec home range.

Se we are moving to OK in about a year I'm trying to put together some basic spread sheets that will guide us on an basic approximation on building a home and then what kind of budget we have for land. If any of you have a fairly accurate number on price per sq/ft please post up. Thanks for the help.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm so old that I remember when we built them for $18-22 a square foot.

I think they go for a fair bit more than that now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends if you want a stick built/steel frame built.
As a Suggestion only. A lot of folks building in rural areas right now(I think I remember you saying your were wanting to build rural?)are building Metal building barns with homes built on one end of the barn. A friend of ours did that. They have a beautiful interior with custom built everything cabinets, the best flooring, etc.
Walk out the side door into the barn and you have all the storage and space for tractors, implements, mowing equipment and so on to maintain the property. Edit: walk out the other door and your near the hot tub, big front lawn with swings, shade, BBQ cooking area, etc.
I know you have your plan in place, but just wanted to present an alternative that is pretty popular out here.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the
Depends if you want a stick built/steel frame built.
As a Suggestion only. A lot of folks building in rural areas right now(I think I remember you saying your were wanting to build rural?)are building Metal building barns with homes built on one end of the barn. A friend of ours did that. They have a beautiful interior with custom built everything cabinets, the best flooring, etc.
Walk out the side door into the barn and you have all the storage and space for tractors, implements, mowing equipment and so on to maintain the property. Edit: walk out the other door and your near the hot tub, big front lawn with swings, shade, BBQ cooking area, etc.
I know you have your plan in place, but just wanted to present an alternative that is pretty popular out here.

I remember the first time seeing a "morton" building home build. 1996 north of Ponca. It was amazing and I'll have one when internet makes it out to my land.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the

I remember the first time seeing a "morton" building home build. 1996 north of Ponca. It was amazing and I'll have one when internet makes it out to my land.
It's a great concept. You don't have that fancy roofline that does nothing but create esoterics. What you do have is a place to store everything right outside the barn door side while not cluttering up the interior of the living space. The roof never needs replaced, the siding never needs replaced. The roof of the living area is not exposed to the sun making utilities cheap.
We will never leave where we live now, but if it were an option back in the day, this is the way we would go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom