General Contractor / Spec Home Builder Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone, except Nemesis. :laugh6: Dennis, I've seen some real nice metal buildings turned into homes. It is amazing what can be done. I just don't think that when we move and my wife has been throwing around the Forever Home comment that a metal building is going to cut it. I'm pretty flexible and will let her have anything she wants in her home. I just require a couple items in my home. 1) Attached 4 car garage that is either 2 wide and 2 deep or 4 wide and about 35' deep. 2) Large Den with rock wood burning fireplace and space for hanging my mounts, book shelves, gun racks, desk/workbench and large closet. 3) Large single story. Would prefer to not have a second floor. 4) Above ground storm shelter with exit door to the outside of the home.

Other than those items she can do as she pleases and i will take care of the shops, barns, sheds and other out buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. You can go cheap or spend a fortune. I know someone who built one that is $400k+ not including the land.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my current house for $58 a foot. We are going to list it at $117ish per foot. The new house is $150 per foot.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, Not sure if we have any on OSA or if there are others in the construction industry that can help answer this question. I'm looking for what the average cost per square foot is to build a home in OK. Not necessarily looking for a bare bones production/tract home sq/ft price but something in the higher end spec home range.

Se we are moving to OK in about a year I'm trying to put together some basic spread sheets that will guide us on an basic approximation on building a home and then what kind of budget we have for land. If any of you have a fairly accurate number on price per sq/ft please post up. Thanks for the help.

@okierider is probably your best source of accurate and current info regarding price per sq./ft. The man's a genus as far as all things building is concerned and as purty a fella as you're likely to encounter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom