General Quote for an old mint condition shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello OSA,

A good friend of mine's grandad passed away last week and in his closet he found an old Browning A5 that was purchased from Sears way back in the early 80s, maybe the 70s. It's in perfect condition and we're about 99% sure it was never fired. My friend's grandad was a bit of a hoarder and always bought stuff when it went on sale. I have no idea how much this would be worth as I have very limited knowledge of these special edition shotguns and how rare / common they are.

Could I trouble you experts to weigh in on its value? My friend isn't a gun person so if it's not worth all that much, I'll just offer to buy it from him to keep as a memento (his grandad was like a second grandad to me) but if it's worth more, I'll advise him to find a buyer. Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Pics available in the album below.

If you should decide to sell it give me a shout and we’ll see if we can get together on an agreed price.

I have several, and they are really nice shotguns. Depends on what you have with it on what a fair price would be. It’s a lead shot only with that barrel, but you could still use it for upland or dove.

I’m interested if he wants to sell it. I wouldn’t if it belonged to my grandpa, but I know lots of folks that have. That’s how I’ve acquired mine, except for the 5-6 that I’ve inherited.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with every one else, should be a solid $850. With out seeing the stock, it could be a little more. What grade is it
is it a field grade with round knob, or a 1 to 5 with the other style stock? Sometimes the original box will tell you the grade.
Seems now these days the Japan made guns are bringing more than the Belgium made ones. If it was mine, I would list it
for $1200 and be able to wiggle down some.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not affiliated with them in any way but I'm pretty sure Bryant ridge will be at the wanenmacher gun show. They got me too dollar on two S&W model 66 revolvers. Yes they do charge a comission though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom