Generator problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was gonna get a Harbor Freight Predator until I saw the warranty was only 90 days and I had to buy the battery and the wheel kit myself. That is ridiculous. My champion and my new Duromax have 3 year warranty’s and I added another year on the Duromax. And they came with the battery’s and wheel kits. My Duromax also came with a propane hookup and a bunch of heads for different cables.
sorry.... i wasn't knocking your generator .... either one. my comment was more that the clone engines are everywhere and most will share a commonality. some are better some are worse and could be made in the same building. i have had pretty good experiences with clones for the price. also i had a thought that the oil level might just be over full causing the problem... try running it with less oil showing on the dipstick to see if it helps???

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Example: Black tube between the valve cover and the intake. You may have to remove the valve cover to see the one-way valve. Be careful not to damage the gasket.

View attachment 336608
thanks yes that is what i am talking about. try lowering the oil level on the dipstick so that it is just showing on the stick and disconnect that tube and try running it to see if the leak stops. you need to run it for a little while in this condition to let the oil that is already in the seal to escape.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I took the engine cover off and the bearings are great. The seal didn’t appear to have any issues but I’ve never messed with a seal like that before. When I pulled the engine cover off, the gasket was stuck to many places and destroyed. I had to scrape a bunch off. I think it may have done it just by me removing it. But I will be replacing that too. The valve tube was not clogged. I blew it out with my air hose. Also, I ran it last when the oil was barely showing on the dipstick and it still poured out from that spot.
3F4F575D-DD9B-499D-99F1-D39067F24DB4.jpeg
1E4D06E7-F4D9-441C-A67B-006B87C76A33.jpeg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry.... i wasn't knocking your generator .... either one. my comment was more that the clone engines are everywhere and most will share a commonality. some are better some are worse and could be made in the same building. i have had pretty good experiences with clones for the price. also i had a thought that the oil level might just be over full causing the problem... try running it with less oil showing on the dipstick to see if it helps???
I didn’t think you were. I was just saying why I chose what I did. I wouldn’t doubt of the engines and other parts are made in the same factory over there. I’ve seen other parts like that. Heck, when my dad still worked at Dayton tire he told me they made tires for a lot of different brands. They would just stick that brands name plate in the machine to attach that to the tire. I also know here in Shawnee, the Shawnee Mill makes their own flour, but they also make flour for KFC, Pizza Hut, and Surefine. A lot of people don’t know that. We would probably be really surprised how much stuff is made in the same place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom