Generator Propane Line Freezing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just need to find a couple million dollars and all my problems would be solved. Maybe even get Mama that swimming pool she keeps wanting. 😉
Don't get the pool! We just removed ours. Mama wanted it, and just like a new puppy that the kids said they would take care of.......it turned into my annual nightmare that she wouldn't take care of like she said at the beginning.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get the pool! We just removed ours. Mama wanted it, and just like a new puppy that the kids said they would take care of.......it turned into my annual nightmare that she wouldn't take care of like she said at the beginning.
I sub with a pool contractor. I see people spending 80K+ on pools.
I just shake my head.

The investment will never be recovered.

If I were looking to buy a house, and it already had a pool (fancy or not), that pool would have to be removed before Iwould even consider purchase.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fFeezing Point of liquid propane is -306.4°F. It must get pretty cold down there in Texas.
The propane isn't freezing. The water contamination in the propane is freezing as it meters through the tiny orifice in the pressure regulator.

Control the water, control the regulator freeze up.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
You can always stock them like a trout pond.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I sub with a pool contractor. I see people spending 80K+ on pools.
I just shake my head.

The investment will never be recovered.

If I were looking to buy a house, and it already had a pool (fancy or not), that pool would have to be removed before Iwould even consider purchase.
Although they are a good source of water for the rural fire department to fight a grass fire headed for your home.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We've got friends at church that have gotten tired of the maintenance needed for the pool and hot tub, so they have looked into getting the whole thing removed. They were quoted a price of over $20,000 to break up the top 3 feet or so and then put that and more dirt into the bottom of the pool to get it all to ground level.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ex always wanted a pool and we had plenty of room for one. But I said :hellno: because I knew as sure as the sun rises in the morning that she wouldn’t lift a finger towards maintaining it. They can be a lot of work and I was already working tons of overtime. I wasn’t about to take on that extra work and expense.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the above ground line is well insulated and the rest buried, there shouldn't be an issue
Never insulate anything dealing with propane.
As the liquid turns to gas, it actually gets colder. It stops turning to gas at -44F.
It needs to be able to absorb ambient heat from the air to stay warm enough to vaporize.
Yes, -20F had heat to transfer into -25F or -30F propane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom