Geo. Kaiser wants to turn Tulsa into Austin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the thing: Kids don't play in parks that much any more, and this is true across all demographics. 10 years ago I would agree that this would better the community but not so true today. There are way more things he could have done to help the community. For the price he paid for this park he could have bought 3 or 4 neighborhoods in North Tulsa and given them to impoverished families with help on how to setup an escrow account to pay for home owners insurance and taxes. He could have done much more than this park. But hey, it looks nice, now. Give it 5 years for the taggers and bangers to take it over.

Reminds me of the episode of M.A.S.H. where Winchester took several fancy chocolates to a Korean orphanage but became ticked when the head guy at the orphanage sold the chocolates only to find out that the money paid for enough rice for a year plus some new clothes. Rich people like Winchester and Kaiser fail to see the big picture and don't stop to think about what people need vs what they might think is nice.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really, it's pretty much a fact looking at all the things he's done. I can cite examples all day long.... from 36 degrees North, to helping fund schools on the west side, to that industrial park expansion that was just announced.

I understand that people don't like his politics, however, again..... he's a private citizen giving back to his community and doing more than the government dreamed of. With respect to the supposed Republican fundamentals around here, it should be appreciated. I've been exposed to several small business dealings with the KFF and politics have not come up once... only business.

For Mr. Kaiser, a lifelong Tulsan, the park — projected at 100 acres, with a children’s museum — is furthering his goal of drawing entrepreneurs and young professionals who could make his city the next Austin.

I am speaking directly to this point. He's a "progressive" Democrat and he wants to turn this city blue. That is NOT making Tulsa a "better place". If he wants to improve Tulsa, he can feel free to fix the abysmal infrastructure here. That would be a real improvement!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the thing: Kids don't play in parks that much any more, and this is true across all demographics. 10 years ago I would agree that this would better the community but not so true today. There are way more things he could have done to help the community. For the price he paid for this park he could have bought 3 or 4 neighborhoods in North Tulsa and given them to impoverished families with help on how to setup an escrow account to pay for home owners insurance and taxes. He could have done much more than this park. But hey, it looks nice, now. Give it 5 years for the taggers and bangers to take it over.

Reminds me of the episode of M.A.S.H. where Winchester took several fancy chocolates to a Korean orphanage but became ticked when the head guy at the orphanage sold the chocolates only to find out that the money paid for enough rice for a year plus some new clothes. Rich people like Winchester and Kaiser fail to see the big picture and don't stop to think about what people need vs what they might think is nice.

Kind of thinking you're way off base on your theory. I take my kids to a park, if not the zoo or aquarium, nearly every weekend. They are full, even when it's hot, and especially if there's a splash pad. Before all of this, Riverparks was already pretty busy.

Now in terms of where Kaiser spends his money, just handing out houses is a irresponsible theory IMO. What he does is fund schools, scholarships, donates to the foodbank, works with local businesses and entrepreneurs by aiding with office space, logistic/HR support, and small business loans.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of thinking you're way off base on your theory. I take my kids to a park, if not the zoo or aquarium, nearly every weekend. They are full, even when it's hot, and especially if there's a splash pad. Before all of this, Riverparks was already pretty busy.

Now in terms of where Kaiser spends his money, just handing out houses is a irresponsible theory IMO. What he does is fund schools, scholarships, donates to the foodbank, works with local businesses and entrepreneurs by aiding with office space, logistic/HR support, and small business loans.

Come on now. We all know what he really should be doing is buying yachts, faster cars, ridiculous watches, mcmansions and lighting his cigars with $100 bills. Then he'd be a hero here.

FYI, how many here know that Kaiser used to return to Israel and do is IDF service regularly. Long past the age when he'd have been required to (if i recall the stories i heard the summer i worked at his oil company).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am speaking directly to this point. He's a "progressive" Democrat and he wants to turn this city blue. That is NOT making Tulsa a "better place". If he wants to improve Tulsa, he can feel free to fix the abysmal infrastructure here. That would be a real improvement!

Sorry man, this is the 1% I disagree with you on. Educating our kids, giving them places to play, and working with small business owners is a good thing and it's not some sort of evil blue wave plan. Seems education and a thriving local business community would bode VERY well for infrastructure wouldn't it? I know downtown is a better place than it was 10 years ago. In terms of making a city blue.... I'd look no further than our "red" compatriots. They are doing a fine job of running it into the ground.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We know what "community" means don't we? We know what "art" is don't we? "Beauty"? don't even get me started. Code words. Dog whistles from the cultural Marxists spending their own money to make Tulsa the UGLIEST sort of dystopian nightmare. I fear that this is only the beginning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom