George Floyd autopsy is in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I get that. Slippery slope and all. What I don't get is why people try it in the first place. I was as wild a child as anyone would have wanted to meet but there were certain things I knew to say "no" to just based on what I'd seen those things do to other people -- heroin (the opioid of my day) was one of those things. I have been on the same dose of an opioid for the last almost 20 years now for chronic pain issues. I don't take it when I don't hurt so I haven't built up a tolerance ... And no addiction. Do I catch a buzz?? Sometimes. But I don't chase it. I guess I should be grateful I don't feel that urge. I'm glad you are doing well managing it. I do understand the never being free of it. My headaches are that way for me. I will never be free of them -- just have to manage the cards I was dealt. Thank goodness there are good days. They make the bad days managable.
I didn’t choose to become an addict. I was burned over 30% of my body back in 2010. I was taking about the strongest stuff there is for months and months. By the time I didn’t need them anymore I was dependent on them. I told the doctors and they didn’t care. They kicked me to the curb. So I then found it on the street and anywhere else I could get it. Like going to the ER about once a week. At the height of my addiction I was taking 30+ Percocet 10’s a day! If I could only have the money that cost back. But I’m thankful to be where I am now. Not everyone becomes an addict because they just decide to try a drug recreationally.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I don't get is why people try it in the first place. I was as wild a child as anyone would have wanted to meet but there were certain things I knew to say "no" to just based on what I'd seen those things do to other people -- heroin (the opioid of my day) was one of those things.
Yep. Yep. Same here.

For me it was anything that required a needle and anything that made you see **** that wasn’t real. Those were hard NOs. I think people are just plain stupider these days. Not you Tony, you explained your path down the bad road. I hope you can get off the Subox at some point, that stuff ain’t good either with its withdrawal issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I don't get is why people try it in the first place. I was as wild a child as anyone would have wanted to meet but there were certain things I knew to say "no" to just based on what I'd seen those things do to other people -- heroin (the opioid of my day) was one of those things.
Yep. Yep. Same here.

For me it was anything that required a needle and anything that made you see **** that wasn’t real. Those were hard NOs. I think people are just plain stupider these days. Not you Tony, you explained your path down the bad road. I hope you can get off the Subox at some point, that stuff ain’t good either with its withdrawal issues.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Yep. Same here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom