Georgia Hi-Tek Polymer Coated Bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://gabrass.com/products/9mm-125gr-rn-hi-tek-polymer-coated-projectiles
Searching for 9mm brass last night, I found these guys. They sell completely processed 9mm brass. I ended up getting 1000 pieces. While I was checking out, these were recommended. Picked up 1000.

Anyone used these from Georgia? How fast can you push these? I'd like to try and push them around 1200-1250 from a 5" barrel. Don't plan on shooting them from a polygonal barrel, so not too worried there.

Thanks OSA

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As always all guns shoot different.
I would load some up and see what you get.
Leading should not happen with coated bullets and cast bullets many times have higher velocity than jacketed.

Bullet diameter and groove diameter play a part together as you know.
If you shoot paper with these you can tell when you are pushing them too hard as they will tumble and hit the paper sideways and that will leave a mark you can see.

Basically when pushed too fast the bullet skids through the barrel and does not spin so it tumbles when it comes out.

I found that point in my 45 with cast 200 gr bullets.
Highest velocity is not always the most accurate.
My slow 200 gr 45's are milk jug accurate way out 100 yards and farther.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I load blue bullets , 147 grain coated at max load with long shot powder. Have not tried +p as these are accurate with no tumbling . 25yds is the farthest out I have shot them. Zero leading issues. As usual work em up for your guns . But me and my son have ran these in several different type 9mm pistols and have seen no issues. We are running the truncated cone type bullet.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I load blue bullets , 147 grain coated at max load with long shot powder. Have not tried +p as these are accurate with no tumbling . 25yds is the farthest out I have shot them. Zero leading issues. As usual work em up for your guns . But me and my son have ran these in several different type 9mm pistols and have seen no issues. We are running the truncated cone type bullet.
Thank you. That was my concern with these.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good powder coated bullets will be good to 2500fps. Main concern is bullet fit to rifling. And under sized bullet will not engage rifle and slide down the barrel.

I have loaded the same .309 sized bullets in .30Carbine, .30-30 and .30-06 up to 2600 fps, with no problems and excellent accuract

Latest posts

Top Bottom