Georgia man shoots self in hand during road rage encounter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Georgia sheriff says a motorist who was "impatient and annoyed" because a road was blocked for a lumber delivery got out of his vehicle and pulled a gun on two workers in reflective vests who were directing traffic.
The man went to get back into his vehicle and shot himself in the hand as he was re-holstering his pistol, according to the sheriff.
He told witnesses to call 911 but hauled a-- away from the scene.
The man was later found seeking medical help at a fire station.
Investigators will talk to him when he gets out of the hospital.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-road-rage-encounter

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you do with a guy like this? Does his judgement show he should not be representing the legal carry community? Should he be forbidden to carry a gun but be still be able to keep them at home for defense? What is the answer? ALSO, what if someone saw him and shot him? What would happen to them?

They whole system is so messed up.

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The second he unholsterd the gun, he was in the wrong. He clearly shows that he is irresponsible and doesn't deserve to have a firearm, even for home defense. As for the what if others saw him and shot him? What would any of us done if we saw an armed assailant walking towards people that were clearly just doing their job directing traffic? I know I would call it justified.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you do with a guy like this? Does his judgement show he should not be representing the legal carry community? Should he be forbidden to carry a gun but be still be able to keep them at home for defense? What is the answer? ALSO, what if someone saw him and shot him? What would happen to them?

They whole system is so messed up.
Seems like he is his biggest threat if armed at home. His felony will take care of that issue.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get a little pissed every day I drive somewhere- you can have a hold up in the middle of nowhere. But to put a gun on workers trying to unload. Yes, I think a little jail time is in order just to think of how stupid that was.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like he is his biggest threat if armed at home. His felony will take care of that issue.
Yeah...my issue is that if some guy got a felony DUI or soemthing 20yrs ago, you can't tell me he has no right to defend his family or go deer hunting...that needs to be fixed...a few years back some OK lawmakers tried. I think violent and career criminals should be the focus when it comes to disarming (even though they don't follow the law anyway).

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah...my issue is that if some guy got a felony DUI or soemthing 20yrs ago, you can't tell me he has no right to defend his family or go deer hunting...that needs to be fixed...a few years back some OK lawmakers tried. I think violent and career criminals should be the focus when it comes to disarming (even though they don't follow the law anyway).
I agree, if the person committed a non-violent felony and did their time, they should be given a path back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom