Get a box of Kleenex for Boomer Nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A soft coach breeds soft players. That’s what USC hired.
I dont think Riley is soft. Maybe whines a bit but not soft. As much as I don't like OU I think he did a grat job with coaching and kids want to play for him. USC is not soft either. THey have struggled the number of years but that is a reflection of the the quality of coach, or lack there of, the program had in place due to a terrible hire for an AD and an unjustified huge salary they gave him. Clay Helton was known as a nice guy but I know of zero SC alumni that wanted him around the last 7 years.

Riley had better put up W's in the win column as USC fans and boosters don't put up with losing for long.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He picked a perfect time to leave, just getting beat by OSU and the move to the SEC coming up. I believe he knew how hard his job was going to get in the SEC and he wanted no part of it. I figure they will lose at least 5 games a year in that conference and he didn't want all the backlash that comes with losing at OU. I would've done the same thing if were him, make the money while your hot and go to an easier conference. I doubt he lasts long out there either because they love to fire coaches like LSU does. I think they would've been more patient to a point here because he was a favorite of Stoops but he knew when to get out.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy I know the fan base is really fired up. They've been calling him soft and a liar and a lot of other bad names. This is for coach whose record at OU is 55 -10 over 5 years. I believe there is some validity though about the argument of moving to the SEC. He has been the big dog in the Big 12 for a quite a while. I don't think the proposition of him moving to a stronger conference where he might not be so dominant to find it very appealing.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to see Riley leave but hey, good luck and good riddance to him. Stoops will do just fine through the bowl game. If Stoops does not continue, I hope OU pulls in a highly sought after coach that has lots of ties to the SEC. That would surely help them entering the SEC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom