Get a box of Kleenex for Boomer Nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
When I was a freshman at OU, I learned that my dorm resident parking spot would be sold to some out of town football fan if I left to go buy groceries or run an errand on Saturdays, leaving me with no valid place to park upon returning to campus (and parking enforcement out in full force to make sure everyone coming to watch the game paid).

Ever since then I've had a very bitter feeling towards the football program at OU.

I freaking love it when OU football takes a loss in any form. This is a great way to end a Sunday.
anyone who spent time in norman (and by norman i mean NOT CAMPUS) growing up on gamedays hates OU football. the number of drunks i've run off trying to look for passed out college girls is incredibly too high.

but i think football is about the dumbest thing anyone can do so.....i guess that should tell you what i think about football fans......

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't expect this, and it's kind of disappointing, but I'm not taking it nearly as personally as a lot of OU fans. Recruiting does concern me, some very high recruits have already withdrawn their commitments, and I assume there are going to be some portal transfers. We'll see how bad it gets.

Lots of names being thrown around, but there are a few that I really don't understand. Maybe someone can help me.

If Riley is a snake for leaving OU for USC, then if Aranda leaves BU for OU, wouldn't he be a snake, too? Or Saban, or anyone else who currently has a job?

Brent Venables? He's obviously been pretty successful since he left OU, but the most vocal fans at least couldn't wait for him to leave Norman. Now you want him back?

Bob Stoops, to a lesser extent. Lots of dissatisfaction the last few years before he retired. You want him back now?

I realize it could be different people who were opposed before and in favor now of any particular candidate. But it just seems ironic.

I'll hope for what I always hope for... that they make a good decision and it works out. All of this happening just when OU is moving to the SEC assumes OU is going next year... maybe, maybe not.... maybe it would be a good idea to wait a couple of years, even if they didn't have to?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol
261216117_4727238694007226_7718486296241528280_n.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Riley is a snake for leaving OU for USC, then if Aranda leaves BU for OU, wouldn't he be a snake, too?
In the words of the old song, it’s not what you do, it’s the way that you do it. If he’d been negotiating in good faith with OU and they just couldn’t reach a deal, I think most would understand him leaving. Just pulling up stumps and leaving in the middle of the night with no warning at all is a different matter entirely.

If they go after Aranda and get him, it’s very unlikely that it’ll be a similar deal, but it depends on how he handles it. If he handles it like Riley handled this situation, yeah, he’d be a snake, too.

Now, this is all based on what we’ve heard so far, which is just one side of the story, so this could all change, but right now, it’s a very disappointing way for Riley to leave.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the words of the old song, it’s not what you do, it’s the way that you do it. If he’d been negotiating in good faith with OU and they just couldn’t reach a deal, I think most would understand him leaving. Just pulling up stumps and leaving in the middle of the night with no warning at all is a different matter entirely.

If they go after Aranda and get him, it’s very unlikely that it’ll be a similar deal, but it depends on how he handles it. If he handles it like Riley handled this situation, yeah, he’d be a snake, too.

Now, this is all based on what we’ve heard so far, which is just one side of the story, so this could all change, but right now, it’s a very disappointing way for Riley to leave.
The problem with that is that Riley was being called a snake before even any rumored details came out. In fact, before it was officially announced that he was leaving. So I don't think it had anything to do with the way he did it (in many fans minds), as there was no information whatsoever about how it might have gone down.

Some of the stories that have come out since don't sound very good, but as noted above it's very one sided.

Latest posts

Top Bottom