Get some culture in your life tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Live performance of Phantom of the Opera - recorded in 2011 at Royal Albert Hall in London.

I haven't seen this guy do Phantom, but if he did the 25th Anniversary celebration recording, I can bet he's probably pretty amazing. I've seen it I think... 7 or 8 times or something? Tulsa three times, I think, OKC, Fort Worth, Denver (front row W00T!), the Majestic in NYC and the West End in London. Maybe more, I don't know.

It's an incredible show. I have a giant TV and a great sound system, so I'm sure this will sound great as long as the recording is good, but I don't know if you guys will like it. Some of you I'm sure won't, but I recommend everyone go see it in person, live at a real showing sometime. You don't have to 'like opera'... it isn't actually opera, it's a musical. I've taken people who don't typically like plays, or musicals or whatever to some of these shows and they ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS come away really impressed - Phantom, Wicked, Lion King, etc. I cant tell you how many Broadway shows I've seen, but it's a ton, and Phantom is my all-time favorite.

I hope some of you get the spousal unit and kids and sit down and watch. We're about to.

Enjoy!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just finished it. It was incredible.

So much better than the stupid movie they made.

My 14 y/o is RAVING about how cool that was. So bite me, you uncultured barbarians! lol
HAHA! I just can't handle that stuff. Wife dragged me to the Christmas time Trans Siberian Orchestra last year. After the first hour of long hair dudes with legs 3' apart doing hair flips with exaggerated guitar hand movements, I'd had enough. Went to the lobby and did some people watching while drinking $12 a cup flat beer until it was over.
That was entertainment!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HAHA! I just can't handle that stuff. Wife dragged me to the Christmas time Trans Siberian Orchestra last year. After the first hour of long hair dudes with legs 3' apart doing hair flips with exaggerated guitar hand movements, I'd had enough. Went to the lobby and did some people watching while drinking $12 a cup flat beer until it was over.
That was entertainment!
I'm almost afraid to admit this but the Trans Siberian Orchestra's tribute to Enya is one of my favorites when in a relaxed / peaceful state of mind. There, I admit it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom