"Get woke, go broke" phrase origination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto that. I know if I did watch it, the BLM crap would piss me off and degrade the experience. Eff that. I know I can't get away from spending ANY money with companies or organizations that support that BS, but college and pro sports is one thing I've decided I don't need. Also decided contributing my hard-earned cash so some basketball player can make $40,000,000 a year is not something I want to do, either.
It's hard for me because I like college football. I'm so mad they took it from me. THey have taken about everything I like from me. Thursday, I was watching the new CBS Star Trek series then the ship's doctor, a man and another man kissed passionately. I about threw up.
Another one off my list. They just keep cramming it down your throat, pun intended!

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was absolutely on their jerseys two days ago.

BA469EA2-F33B-4F4C-96DC-827383E28C68.jpeg

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was absolutely on their jerseys two days ago.

View attachment 185291

Thanks. That is what I thought. I won’t watch them as long as the wear that BS. Actually, I’m just as happen to never watch them, or any other, college / professional team again. They should have left their politics in the locker room or delivered a positive message such as “all lives matter”.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard for me because I like college football. I'm so mad they took it from me. THey have taken about everything I like from me. Thursday, I was watching the new CBS Star Trek series then the ship's doctor, a man and another man kissed passionately. I about threw up.
Another one off my list. They just keep cramming it down your throat, pun intended!

Have you seen the commercial for BIKTARVY? It’s a drug for people living with AIDS. It shows several male/female couples doing common everyday things and then at the end there is a mixed race man on man hugging it out and swapping spit. It’s run during prime time. First time I saw it my teenage daughters were watching TV with me and they both lost it. Started talking about how gross and inappropriate it was. I can only imagine the questions a 7-12 year old would ask their parents let alone the thoughts in their heads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen the commercial for BIKTARVY? It’s a drug for people living with AIDS. It shows several male/female couples doing common everyday things and then at the end there is a mixed race man on man hugging it out and swapping spit. It’s run during prime time. First time I saw it my teenage daughters were watching TV with me and they both lost it. Started talking about how gross and inappropriate it was. I can only imagine the questions a 7-12 year old would ask their parents let alone the thoughts in their heads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Noticed most commercials today are showing mixed race couples or mostly blacks. It's amazing how the large percentage of commercials have swung that way now with them only being 17% of the population.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Noticed most commercials today are showing mixed race couples or mostly blacks. It's amazing how the large percentage of commercials have swung that way now with them only being 17% of the population.

I’ve noticed the exact same thing. The other thing I have noticed is when I’m watching an English speaking television show, with English speaking television commercials, there will be a random Spanish speaking commercial thrown in. I think to myself, what the hell - are they really targeting some Spanish speaking person who happens to be sitting through the English program and the English commercials?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is definitely a YUUUUGE push to display diversity and same-sex couples on everything on TV.

It's kind of funny....mixed race couples kill diversity, they don't promote it. We are only diverse when there are distinct differences. Mexican culture thrives because they (in large part) maintain it. Thai culture, Apache culture, just about any culture is encouraged to keep their identity - except white Europeans and white Americans.

Understandable I guess, since whites haven't really contributed anything to the world. I say this as a mostly white boy married to a Pawnee. I reckon the Okie blend of Injun/White Devil is it's own culture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom