Get your mouse traps out. Its winter and they like your shooting equipmnt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a built-into-the wall cabinet that I store supplies, and shooting gear in.

Got in there today, and saw a mess. Evidently a mouse has got in there and tore the stuffing from two 100% leather gun cases. They were hanging from nails along the side. Have no clue how they got to them. 6" off the floor, and sheet rock walls.

Put out traps and wax blocks where the dogs can't get to them this afternoon.

Its that time of year for them to come inside. :cry11:

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've killed several Norwegians in the last year and i know there are probably dozens more around the property. So far we've only had them around the house and in the outbuilding. Haven't seen any small mice or any sign for that matter. It's definitely getting to be time for them to seek warmer places to be. Someone dropped a kitten at our place a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to find her a home. I may need to reconsider now that I think of it.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not think I have had any so far, but with the cooler WX, it is something I had not thought of. Thanks, I will go on the offensive and try to get ahead of them.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our 3 cats think of rodents as fair game. And they are all still 4WD equipped.

What we have noticed over the past 10-12 days are 4 or 5 small scorpions in the house. We quickly sent the bugs to their eternal reward after being discovered by the felines.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years ago, a neighbor knocked down some derelict sheds that his late father had built decades ago, rendering hundreds of little bastards homeless. About the same time as the demo, my last (at the time) outdoor cat disappeared, and my place was overrun by mice and rats. (As my dad said, that cat wasn't quite as worthless as he'd thought.) I shot, poisoned, trapped, bashed, and flat-out stomped on more of the buggers than I can count, but it wasn't 'til I got more cats established that the rodent population got back in check.

As I said at the time, I've had too many cats and too many rats, and I'll take the cats any day--cats don't eat $300 wiring harnesses.:fullauto:

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any this year but I keep traps and dcon cubes out year round because my wife is PETRIFIED of the little buggers, I have to stay proactive.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been fighting them for the last 2 weeks, I too keep traps out 24/365 and usually get a twice yearly invasion. one indoor cat.....useless turd. and the neighbors behind us have several outdoor cats that roam, thank goodness.

What really terrifies me is the house just north of us has been sitting empty for 3 years and when it sells I am sure the new occupants will want to rid it of any new inhabitants. As well as clear out or destroy the 2 crappy outbuildings. Then the house just south of me has been sitting empty for almost a year....same scenerio.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live out of the city so I get anything in the fields. I put rat traps in the garden and have decimated the mouse and rat population outside anticipating the weather change.

I caught 2 a day for a week or so then one every other day and now nothing for a week. :)

Now if there was a way to keep the millipedes off the porch and out of the house, I know they will be coming next cold snap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom