Getting excited for youth season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think that ChairPod is going to work for us, but I am open to ideas for shooting sticks or some kind of tripod or whatever. There are tons on Amazon but it's hard to wade through everything to find a good setup. What have you guys used for kids in the past? I have Amazon Prime, so that will be my best bet for getting something here in time, I think...

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just take a fold out chair and a bi pod for my daughter. she keeps the gun on the bi pod the whole time so she is ready. cheap and seems to work. she is 11 and killed a deer last two years.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the bipod, but I saw the Caldwell Dead Shot Field Pod. Thought that might be a good option, but damn - $80-100 and it's still fairly wobbly by many reviews. Maybe just a bipod will work for now.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We hunt out of box blinds and ladder stands with railing. So their is always something to support my kids rifle when they shoot. They just lay them forearm on the window sill or railing and support the remainder of the gun themselves. Haven't needed a pod yet!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We hunt out of box blinds and ladder stands with railing. So their is always something to support my kids rifle when they shoot. They just lay them forearm on the window sill or railing and support the remainder of the gun themselves. Haven't needed a pod yet!
We do as well, and the monopods are fantastic.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, unless something totally unforseeable happens, my daughter will be in a stand with me THIS weekend. She has coaches approval to miss gymnastics practice on Friday, but I'm under strict orders to have her back Monday by practice time. She has a meet next weekend.

The buck I have picked out for her has been at the stand I intend to hunt every morning for about a week in the daylight for almost an hour, and I'm praying the cool weather Friday night will keep him on this pattern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom