Getting fit - anyone else trying to turn it around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@montesa if you’ve lost 50 pounds “several times” may I suggest trying something new? Reading all your posts sounds like you have your mind already made up as to what you’re going to do so good luck. It just dangerous gaining and losing so much weight. I’ve slowly been putting on weight over the years and when I had enough with holding my breath to put my socks on I called my daughter who’s an RD and a really good one at that. Went from 255 to 197 over the past year and a half and every time I see the doc (monthly) I’ve managed to lose a couple more pounds. Slow and consistent is what’s worked for me.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last few years I feel sick and embarrassed every time I see a picture of myself.

About a month ago I started back on the elliptical 3 to 4 times a week and cutting way back on dinner. Also cutting back some more on the alcohol intake. I hover around 230-235, would love to get down to around 190 again.

My breathing and heart rate have already improved enough that I can bust a real sweat on the machine. Soon the muscles will start to burn. For me it’s not until then that some weight starts to come off.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caffeine 30 minutes before exercise (I drink Death Wish, twice the caffeine), caffeine may act as a diuretic so drink water.

20-30 grams of protein within 30 minutes after exercise.

Depending on the study the human body may only absorb 20-30 grams at a time.

Depending on the type of protein the body may digest 20-30 grams in 2 to 3 hours.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spinach and sprouts salad with basalmic vinegar, smoked tuna pretty regular, do beef of some sort 1-2 x a week, chicken 2-3x a week, pork including bacon maybe 2x a week, fish or shrimp once a week, I dont drink beer, dont drink soda pop of any kind, high fiber breakfast cereal 3x a week,egg breakfast sandwich on whole grain bread many mornings. Try not to overdue dairy. High protein Atkins type the best I can. I dont eat any twinkies, sticky buns, other packaged hi carb sugary crap. I probably need to eat more fruit, but alot of it taste terrible after covid.
I have not had McD, Hardly, BK, or other fast food crap in 12 years. Background in 2010, I weighed 390-405. Dropped to 280 when I was in Colorado, living at higher altitude helped me alot. Bad right knee wont let me jog, but I do some martial arts, yardwork for exercise. Dont smoke. But dont get enough exercise for sure.
I had covid a year ago, that trashed my metabolism pretty bad. Alot of food taste terrible to me nòw. I love to swim for exercise, because of covid I didnt have pool access,
but now I have post covid inner ear problems keeping me out of the water. Mý arthritis has been horrible since covid making martial arts, even tai chi hard to do.
I have "primary hyper aldosteronism" and take spironolactone for it, but it doesnt help like it used to. My metabolism is really messed up.
All of that stuff is because you eat and take too much. Cut everything. Eat about 10oz of meat a day and leave everything else alone.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holes to dig, tee posts to drive etc etc, if any of ya need weight lost. Camp Timmy will assure you of positive results . All while soaking up vitamin D and sweating out those nasty toxins you consumed from eating those processed foods. Membership is reasonable and if you can't afford to pay, Timmy will put you on the hard and fast program. Which promises to show even greater results in weight loss and toxin removal . No meals furnished but all the pulled from mother earth water you can drink. 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom