Getting fit - anyone else trying to turn it around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m down 40# since January and so far maintaining it. The older I get the more I have to stay on track with eating and exercise. But I sure like the payoff. Feel better and blood sugar is back to normal. New clothes are damn expensive though. Smh
Nice work. I’m down 20 since the beginning of the year. Still eating too much and bad stuff sometimes. For workouts I’m walking the dog, and body weight calisthenics. Planning to step it up with a 24hr fast once a week.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really let myself go through the pandemic. Just started working out again. It’s just time to change it up. My goal is to lose about 50lbs by the end of the year. I’ve done it several times in my life. It gets harder every year to crawl out of the hole when you get behind.

One thing I noticed, just a little bit of exercise and improvement in diet totally reduces stress and improves outlook.

Anyone else getting started? If anyone wanted to get together for a hike or some hill climbs at Arcadia or somewhere I would be interested in that also.
I was 230 lbs not too long ago, but within a year or less, i got down to what i am now, which is 170 lbs. Now i look somewhat fit with the way my body sits. Which is funny, because i'm still considered overweight to the doctor lol. My secret? I put my brothers wife in charge of the cooking and now i maybe eat 3 times a week on a good week. Also, i got meds that seem to be the secret weight loss answer. They are antidepressants, but when i look up the chemicals, it basically says its slow release meth. It does its intended job, but i guess i get a bonus side affect from it.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Dec. of 2021 I had a TIA. If you don't know what TIA stands for it is a Wake Up Call For A Fat Old Man! I would rather drop dead as to have a major stroke so I am pretty highly motivated to lose weight. My Doc says your weight is directedly connected to your blood pressure which is my problem. I have tried every diet that you can name. I have lost 500 pounds...that is 50 pounds 10 times. Now I try to keep the word diet out of my life. I am doing portion control. It is working for me. I eat about what I want within reason but no two plates full, just one more, or that really tastes good. Since my TIA I have lost from 285 down to 240...blood pressure is good. I have decided that I like to fish, hunt, walk, live more than eat !

Latest posts

Top Bottom