Getting harassed by a drone while hunting, what do you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is that this drone operator is anti-hunting and has found a pretty effective means of disrupting your hunting success. As a licensed drone owner/operator, I am VERY disappointed in their behavior. I am also very disappointed in the amount of really bad advice that has been given in this thread. Any threat with or actual use of a firearm against this non-lethal perceived threat is likely to result in some very expensive legal bills or worse. Sadly, reporting it to law enforcement is probably the only viable solution.
I am a bit surprised that all of the active shoot-the-drone solutions failed to include a good get-rid-of-the-drone-remains instruction. Most video sent to the controller is pretty low resolution and would probably not be good enough to use against you in court. The video stored on the actual drone is much better and could be incriminating if you allowed it to survive the unfortunate drone crash.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone asked if they float... :lookaroun
:drunk2:
___
1639182145964.jpeg

Nate08chevy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As said earlier in the post, shooting a drone out of the sky is illegal… but damn would it be satisfying to see plastic parts fly and the drone fall lol any 107 pilots out there? Studying for my test. Is the test hard?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
As said earlier in the post, shooting a drone out of the sky is illegal… but damn would it be satisfying to see plastic parts fly and the drone fall lol any 107 pilots out there? Studying for my test. Is the test hard?
Test is a piece of cake. I passed my first time with flying colors. What are you using to study?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s good to hear. I’ve been reading through the 2021 ASA Remote Pilot Test Prep book
Should be fine. I used the drone launch academy online, it was honestly a pretty nice course. I think it was $150 and I can log on for life to freshen up whenever needed or to catch up before recertification. I also think they’ll refund you your test fees if you fail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom