Getting harassed by a drone while hunting, what do you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fliers beware, flying your drone over anything with a fence is a big no-no. As a general rule of thumb, if you can’t physically walk into an area because of bars or fences, your drone going over them is illegal. Check your FAA apps, make sure the skies are clear, and hope your spot is one you won’t be bothered at!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fliers beware, flying your drone over anything with a fence is a big no-no. As a general rule of thumb, if you can’t physically walk into an area because of bars or fences, your drone going over them is illegal. Check your FAA apps, make sure the skies are clear, and hope your spot is one you won’t be bothered at!

No, it’s not. Yes, you would be in a spot if your drone came down within a fenced area, but it is NOT illegal to fly over it as long as it’s not FAA-restricted airspace and you have permission to operate your drone where you are.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone makes a drone-frequency jammer.

I'm sure those things crash all the time...
:drunk2:
___
Actually there are several systems employed by the US military. Some effective against individual drones using a laser, and a new system coming out called THOR that uses microwave to take out swarms of drones which is probably the future of drone attacks. Send in a swarm and hope one or two make it through defenses to the target.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
12ga with number 4 shot should fix the problem. Set a game camera watching your truck when you go in to hunt, if they do anything to it at least you have video/photos of them.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Call a friend to go to your truck. Record any vehicles in the area. Stay there until you get back.
2. Notify Sheriff and GW.
3. Be prepared to press charges.
Closest friend was 150 miles away.
Maybe we should have a game warden on here do an ask me anything thread. Sometimes fishing and hunting regs are about as clear as mud
I’ve had good luck asking on here or looking up forum threads on other sites. The game wardens I’ve run across are typically pretty busy/overworked as is. I doubt they wanna deal with work on their off time, let alone create a commitment to keep up with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom