Getting rid of unwanted visitors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Aramadillo killing Machine! We got one a week ago, it jacked my yard up three nights in a row! 4th night we or should I say my Buddy nailed his ass! Now it is a big pain in the ass to wash him up if I don’t catch up fast and tell him to let it go. Armadillo’s are fast, but not fast enough for my speed/killing machine!

View attachment 306724View attachment 306725
I'd think it would be tricky for a dog to kill an armadillo, no? Neck?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good dog will get to the side of the dillo and start pushing them til they flip and grab the soft underside.

Yep! And sometimes he runs along side of them and will catch the tail and toss/shake till he grabs a head and or tosses em hard enough for me to pop em with a 22 quiet 710fps long rifle out of a 1948 Remington Scoremaster! A Possum is no match for him!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one today too. A mauled up squirrel courtesy of Mani. Sucker gave me a little fight and I'm glad I was wearing my welder gloves. It wouldn't climb when I let it go. I think he's still at the tree either dead or close to it.
1664579245206.png

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one today too. A mauled up squirrel courtesy of Mani. Sucker gave me a little fight and I'm glad I was wearing my welder gloves. It wouldn't climb when I let it go. I think he's still at the tree either dead or close to it.
View attachment 306758
Probably a broken back.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think GED is on to something. We've had a skunk or two and armadillos frequently wander around outside the fence. Haven't seen a single racoon. We live on just under 20 acres surrounded by much larger acreage properties. We hear coyotes and owls every night. I guess I'm odd because I love having the wildlife around...even those that other people consider to be nuisance animals. We just take precautions to keep them from getting inside the fenced yard around the house.
Very few critters will dare enter the corgis lair. Seriously. We think they are all cute but they are tenacious critter hunters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom