Getting rid of unwanted visitors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very few critters will dare enter the corgis lair. Seriously. We think they are all cute but they are tenacious critter hunters.
We fostered one years ago that liked to hunt the cuff of my pants. I would stamp my foot and would get all play growlly and start tugging on it. Once he was ready he went to someone in the Tulsa area if I remember correctly.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a pit that would catch armadillos, sounded like crunching corn nuts when she bit down. Had a different pit that would leave a trail of dead skunks .

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of y'all speak of using a .22 to dispatch unwanted critters. I tried that some in the Panhandle years ago and could never hit them very well at night, even with a flashlight in hand. So, I purchased a single shot .410 gauge which did nicely every time.

You gotta remember, up in the Panhandle, dark is DARK.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
coons and skunks are driven by scent. Put moth balls or ammonia in strategic locations and they will find better smelling places to visit.
if you get a skunk under your house or deck throw a few hands full of moth balls close as you can to their hiding place and go find a place to watch. As soon as they see a clear exit they are gone.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The older I get the more I enjoy wildlife so the coyotes, raccoons and owls can stay. That skunk is my main concern. I was hoping somebody had first hand skunk extermination experience. Looks like I might have to suppress the 300 BO and sit outside.
It used to be you could go to the drug store and buy strychnine. Inject it into an egg, and leave it out for the skunk. It would die. We did that when I was a teen for the skunk who was raiding our henhouse... Strychnine is an very strong stimulant, and was at one time used as an aphrodisiac. Problem being the difference between the effective dose and the fatal dose was very small. That poor skunk sprayed everything within about 20 feet of where he fell. I think the suppressed 300 BO would be more fun, but a great deal more expensive.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally finished my house and moved in a few weeks ago. I built my house in a spot as to avoid anybody knowing it’s here. Well every morning between 2 am - 4 am I keep getting these visitors. How can I get rid of them without going out shooting inside city limits?
Peanut Butter and Marshmallows in a trap works for Skunks and Squirrels So far one skunk and 6 Ground Squirrels

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It used to be you could go to the drug store and buy strychnine. Inject it into an egg, and leave it out for the skunk. It would die. We did that when I was a teen for the skunk who was raiding our henhouse... Strychnine is an very strong stimulant, and was at one time used as an aphrodisiac. Problem being the difference between the effective dose and the fatal dose was very small. That poor skunk sprayed everything within about 20 feet of where he fell. I think the suppressed 300 BO would be more fun, but a great deal more expensive.
I was trapping the Squirrels and got a skunk. Animal control came got my cage with a big blanket and took it away. Brough my cage back two days later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom