Getting started reloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a single stage press. So, I am not any help with your system. I know you already understand this part, but load several rounds and test fire them. Make sure they load and fire correctly. Plus, they need to make the action on the pistol work correctly, without over pressure.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great Job. I remember my first, a brass cased 357 magnum with a Speer 140 gr HP, she was very pretty, Ill never forget her!!!! On a serious note remember your safety glasses while reloading.

Craig3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its very exciting when you get the first handful done, congratulations on your success. You might call Lee to see if they'd replace that powder hopper. Ive had great experience with their customer service. And if you break the pin on the end of the sizing die dont pitch it, theyre great for resizing demilled/pull down bras.

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a used Lee Pro 1000 with a bunch of extras and I have a couple of questions for those who are familiar with this loader and setup. Here's what I've got:

Pro 1000
Pro disc powder measure
Lee Adjustable Charge Bar
Three complete carriers #1, #2 and #19 (.357, .45ACP and 9mm/40S&W) with appropriate primer feeders
Small and large case feeders.
9mm and .45ACP 3-piece die sets

I also have a pair of small bullet feeders:

9mm .365-.46 length
9mm .61-.75 length

It's really mostly about the bullet feeders that I have my questions...

They each have small and large tubes. Not sure why, but ok.

I am wanting to get a .45 ACP bullet feeder as well - do I buy the entire .45 ACP bullet feed kit ($48), or can I just use a new set of feed die and fingers ($15)?

Also... I have my current bullet feed kit attached, but looking at the action rod going up from the attach plate to the feeder link looks angled, not straight up and down.
Never mind this - I just saw in the instructions, I need to move the action rod to the inner hole on the Pro 1000, the outer is for the Load Master.

So I guess... I'm just looking at the bullet feeder question. And of course, any tips and tricks on this setup anyone wants to throw in. :D

Here's how it looks at the moment:

Also wanting to get the Auto-Drum Powder Measure. So if anyone has experience with that, I'd appreciate input.

Thanks!
Call Lee Precision, they are very helpful and will give you all the info you need!

Latest posts

Top Bottom