getting started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So obviously a .22lr would be the cheapest to feed, but what would be a good, least expensive option for a fellas first full auto weapon? Where do you go to look for them? I don't see a full auto category on gunbroker. Any help?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunbroker has a machine gun section here.. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Browse.aspx?SearchType=0&Timeframe=0&Keywords=*&Cat=2326&Items=50

Subguns and http://www.sturmgewehr.com have good NFA classifieds

all the 22LR Full auto's are priced pretty high The cheapest you are going to get into anything with a happy switch is probably going to be a M11/9 for about 3 grand and up depending on what extras you get. Lage Mfg makes a good conversion kit for them but there is a huge waiting list at the moment

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ummm ok, so maybe I should have titled this thread " getting started saving my pennies. WoW!!!!

Yup and there is no way around spending a ton to do it the legal way. with so much mis-information spread about NFA a guy or gal really needs to do a lot of research for themselves (from reputable credited sources)

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very true, but it becomes almost justifiable after you've has a taste of a weapon with a "fun" switch. I've had the opportunity to play with a mac10 and Ar 15 with this spendy "option".

I agree that they are a lot of fun. I have a full-auto M11/9 and an M16 and I went to the range with them today. However, I bought mine in the early 90's when they were still cheap. There is no way I could justify the prices they go for today. The cost of feeding them gets high pretty quick too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom