Getting the Project Car Bug Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how the guy is making out I sold these to?

willys1.JPG
willys1side.JPG
willys2barn.JPG
willys2truck.JPG

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The silver one on the left a Honda Elsinore?
No, but I did have one of the first 2 Elsinore CR250R's in Oklahoma. The one in the picture is a 1972 Honda xl250. Going to the right are 2 1965 Honda Super Hawks, 1974 Honda 350 Four, 1982 Honda 500 Ascot and 1980 Honda CBX six-cylinder. I have owned more than 50 bikes over the years and always look in Craigslist to see what might be interesting. As I get older, I like to work on them more than I like to ride them. I started out on a 1959 Cushman Super Eagle and I still have scars from it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, but I did have one of the first 2 Elsinore CR250R's in Oklahoma. The one in the picture is a 1972 Honda xl250. Going to the right are 2 1965 Honda Super Hawks, 1974 Honda 350 Four, 1982 Honda 500 Ascot and 1980 Honda CBX six-cylinder. I have owned more than 50 bikes over the years and always look in Craigslist to see what might be interesting. As I get older, I like to work on them more than I like to ride them. I started out on a 1959 Cushman Super Eagle and I still have scars from it.
My first ride was my cousin's Hodaka. I got the bug and then bought a red, basket case, 69 Yamaha 175 Enduro. After piecing it back together I rode the wheels off that thing. I never could keep up with the other bikes because I had a 70 tooth rear 14 front but I could climb a tree. I think I have done every kind of wreck on a bike and yes I have the scars to prove it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first ride was my cousin's Hodaka. I got the bug and then bought a red, basket case, 69 Yamaha 175 Enduro. After piecing it back together I rode the wheels off that thing. I never could keep up with the other bikes because I had a 70 tooth rear 14 front but I could climb a tree. I think I have done every kind of wreck on a bike and yes I have the scars to prove it.
Hodaka Ace 90cc was my first motorcycle.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the old muscle cars, a '70 Cuda would be my choice, but the cost is ridiculous.

My thoughts these days are doing an EV conversion, maybe a Miata, where parts are available, and won't break the bank. There are EV kits for around $7K-$8K which can be a lot of bang for the buck. Once you feel the power delivery and acceleration of an EV it's pretty addictive. In a light bodied car like a Miata it would be insane.
If you're at all a motorcycle guy and haven't done so, go to a Harley dealer and see if you can test ride the Live Wire. My son and I both took a test ride one morning; he took a nice long ride up onto I44, I just ran it up and down a few blocks of Peoria. That thing is stunningly quick - no shifting, and instant power delivery. I rolled into it and quickly backed off - I wasn't quite prepared for the instant acceleration. No build up like a gas engine. I'd like to take a Tesla for a spin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom