Getting the Project Car Bug Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
During the Mecum auction of the Cuda the guy said it was one of only two sold in the US

I've watched several 66'-77' broncos roll across BJ and Mecum and the announcers and have given out incorrect info and stats before. I have zero idea what's correct on the 11 you guys are referring to, just that what they say isn't always correct.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't say either way if the Cuda was one of the 9 or the 2. The Mecum announcer wasn't the source I quoted in my first posting about the car. So someone other than the Mecum guy thought it was one of the 2. I don't know if a one of nine car would be worth 3.5 million dollars or not. I wouldn't mind owning the only 1970 Sport Fury GT built with a hemi.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the Cuda was 1 of 2 four speed Hemi convertibles sold in the U.S. that year. They didn't mean only 2 Hemi convertibles were sold in the U.S. that year.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the Cuda was 1 of 2 four speed Hemi convertibles sold in the U.S. that year. I didn't mean only 2 Hemi convertibles were sold in the U.S. that year. According to Dodge & Plymouth Muscle Car Red Book. There were seven convertibles sold . Five had shaker hoods and two were 4 speeds.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still haven't been able to go check out the stash. Been catching up on episodes of Graveyard Cars to keep my interest up LOL

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might finally be able to go check out the prospects this weekend. Wish me luck...pictures always make them seem better than they are. Praying for not a lot of cancer or costly damage/lost parts and that the prices are as good as were relayed initially (wishful thinking, I know).

Latest posts

Top Bottom