Getting the Project Car Bug Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still chipping away at the Road Runner. Got some title issues worked out and got her scheduled with my body guy for repair of the major rust areas. New floor pans arrived last week. After we get high school grad and vacation out of the way, I'll have time to drop the K-member and rebuild the suspension before she gets hauled off to the body guy.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would probably use something a little more concentrated than cola. The acid will kill the rust and leave a layer of zink coating.

This will give an idea of what it does with surface rust.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Road Runner project is coming along. Spent the summer and early fall getting her stripped down, inventoried, and ready for body work. Lots of rust repair required prior to body and paint. Long road ahead but it's a good start....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 53
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 57

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice.
I need to get busy on my 383 stroker for my 47 Dodge truck.
Friend that owns Willhoites cams got his short bed chevy dialed in and it is pretty quick now with his 6.0+LS.
He has got the Auburn Posi and 3.73 gears, 3200 stall working hard on those Nitto 555R II 325-50-15 tires.

Let the races begin!

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Road Runner project is coming along. Spent the summer and early fall getting her stripped down, inventoried, and ready for body work. Lots of rust repair required prior to body and paint. Long road ahead but it's a good start....
Who did you have do the paint and body? Looks great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom