Ghost hunting in oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I wanted to go ghost hunting then I'd go to Sasakwa and check out the old city jail. Last time I went thru town it was still standing..I didn't stop cause I was too scared..

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is convinced we have a ghost. And I'm not willing to argue at this point. We've heard cabinets shut in the middle of the night. A pop can (empty) got knocked over and off the hearth near my chair. And, while watching a movie with the wife, the TV just changed channels. All by itself. The remote was sitting next to my chair and nothing was around it.

Ignoring the peanut gallery, :D

The first thing to do is to look for logical explanations as to what could have caused them to happen. The pop can and TV can be pretty easily ruled out because an empty can is very light and even a strong draft could knock it off and someone that lives close might have been trying to program a new remote and changed your channel.

The cabinets should be checked out to see if anything makes the doors move. Pets, another door closing, etc are all things to check out. If you can find nothing else, then you start looking for other explanations.

If you have a digital recorder try recording when the house is quite to see if you can pick up unexplained voices. You can even try asking questions and see if you get a reply. Record on normal volume but play back on high. If you have a trail cam set it up and see if you get a shot of the cabinet doors opening.

Honestly most things have a normal explanation but I have seen some that do not.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never seen a ghost, but have seen ghost hunting become a growth industry.

Have seen hard evidence of some "paranormal" occurrences, but not of ghosts.

My elderly MIL tells me that when she was a young girl, ghost stories were very popular.

Seems to me that the British have perfected the ghost story. I hear more, and more credible seeming ghost stories from there than from North America. I have some friends who swear they have seen ghosts in England. Not sure I believe them.

There is supposed to be a ghost at Rush Lake in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. I went out there with a bunch of fellow idiots years ago, stepped off a step I didn't know was there, hurt my back, and suffered for years. Didn't see the ghost . . . CB

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kiefer city hall? I work there many years ago as a dispatcher on midnight shift in the city hall and never saw or heard anything paranormal. In fact this is the first time I've ever heard anything about kiefer city hall being haunted. If that is what you were implying.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignoring the peanut gallery, :D

The first thing to do is to look for logical explanations as to what could have caused them to happen. The pop can and TV can be pretty easily ruled out because an empty can is very light and even a strong draft could knock it off and someone that lives close might have been trying to program a new remote and changed your channel.

The cabinets should be checked out to see if anything makes the doors move. Pets, another door closing, etc are all things to check out. If you can find nothing else, then you start looking for other explanations.

If you have a digital recorder try recording when the house is quite to see if you can pick up unexplained voices. You can even try asking questions and see if you get a reply. Record on normal volume but play back on high. If you have a trail cam set it up and see if you get a shot of the cabinet doors opening.

Honestly most things have a normal explanation but I have seen some that do not.

Well, in both instances of the pop can and the tv changing channels, the wife and I were both sitting right there. Now the TV changing channels explanation I can accept. But there was no draft or breeze, or anything going on when the can went flying off the hearth.

And now, we have a new puppy, something is causing her to growl and bark (she just learned how to bark the other day) in the middle of the night. We live in Glenpool, in a very quiet neighborhood, and she's secluded even further from outside noises by being in an interior bathroom at night. We leave a radio on in there for her. When we first got her, she stopped crying the first night, and is usually very quiet when in there. A few nights ago she let out a scream that had me jumping out of bed to check on her. She was fine, acted nervous. Then night before last, the growling and barking issue.

I need an exorcist!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom