Ghost stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a search and found no other thread (i.e. I did a search, looked through the first two pages and gave up) so I thought I would create one. Lets hear them! And no "my brothers, cousin's, nephew's ex-girlfriends roomate" type. Lets hear those spooky stories that YOU witnessed! I'll start with one of my own. This is a house I bought in 2010. When we first moved in our two cats spent three days chasing something around the house. They both would track it if they were in the room together, and would both lose interest at the same time. One day I went to change the light switch in the master bathroom (who in their right mind puts a dimmer switch in a bathroom that has just a sink and toilet??) and since the breakers were not marked, I was doing the ole flip one at a time and check. Well, I was walking back in the garage on the 3rd try and suddenly a breaker flips open on its own. I looked at it, flipped it back on and waited to see if anything else happened. It didn't. Then I thought about it, flipped it back off and went to check. Sure enough, that was the breaker I was looking for. Since then that breaker has never flipped open again. Now, as an isolated incident, that's not too convincing. I had the same thing happen last year when I went to replace the garbage disposal. Exact same scenario. Our newest cats (the original two have since passed on, one in 2018 at the age of 15, and one back in Jan of this year at the age of 20) both do the same thing. They will all of the sudden "see" something and will go around the house chasing it. Haven't worried about it as nothing else happens except things not being were we left them (but that can be explained by old age lol).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, been awhile since we had one of these but here is my favorite.

Before I became disabled, the wife and I owned a medical equipment company selling world wide to governments, famous hospitals, individuals and even Hollywood. (yea I am proud of that business) Anyway we would get old beat up wheelchairs and other equipment, rebuild it and either sell it to people or donate to charities. Since I took care of our computers, website, and rebuilding much of the equipment I worked at night mostly.

We got in a batch of equipment that included a wheelchair that would not stay put. I had it in the back of the warehouse until I could get to it, the next morning the wife and sales people would find it up front. This happened several times. I even blocked it in but the next morning it was up front again like someone was sitting and looking out the window.

While rebuilding it I was putting new solid tires on the rear wheels and my hand slipped catching my thumb tip between the tire and rim. I said a few choice words I may have learned in the service and clear as can be I hear a women's voice say "Don't cuss" We would all smell old time perfume at odd times. Wife said it was Lilac Water she believed.

Also one of our employees was a pretty rough old gal some of you might call a bull dyke. After a bit she refused to go out into the warehouse by herself. No body else out there but small parts would get thrown at her. She would round a corner and find wheelchair front caster wheels on their side spinning, etc.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife thinks our 2 year old has a sense about things. Weany grandparents “grandma” for our kids but my mother in laws ashes are still in my safe. Long story there……but Randomly she will walk by and start “interacting” with grandma. She passed well before the baby was born but sure enough she’s the only one they ever called grandma.

friends of ours just moved onto 10 acres with a creepy old barn on it. We walked up to it and Hayleigh starts talking about how many ghosts it has in it. Instantly the dog just goes NUTS and will not stop barking at the barn. She still freaks out every time they are near that barn.

I say it’s just randomness of a 2 year old and probably a critter in the barn but the wife is convinced otherwise!

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a search and found no other thread (i.e. I did a search, looked through the first two pages and gave up) so I thought I would create one. Lets hear them! And no "my brothers, cousin's, nephew's ex-girlfriends roomate" type. Lets hear those spooky stories that YOU witnessed! I'll start with one of my own. This is a house I bought in 2010. When we first moved in our two cats spent three days chasing something around the house. They both would track it if they were in the room together, and would both lose interest at the same time. One day I went to change the light switch in the master bathroom (who in their right mind puts a dimmer switch in a bathroom that has just a sink and toilet??) and since the breakers were not marked, I was doing the ole flip one at a time and check. Well, I was walking back in the garage on the 3rd try and suddenly a breaker flips open on its own. I looked at it, flipped it back on and waited to see if anything else happened. It didn't. Then I thought about it, flipped it back off and went to check. Sure enough, that was the breaker I was looking for. Since then that breaker has never flipped open again. Now, as an isolated incident, that's not too convincing. I had the same thing happen last year when I went to replace the garbage disposal. Exact same scenario. Our newest cats (the original two have since passed on, one in 2018 at the age of 15, and one back in Jan of this year at the age of 20) both do the same thing. They will all of the sudden "see" something and will go around the house chasing it. Haven't worried about it as nothing else happens except things not being were we left them (but that can be explained by old age lol).

Can't help you with the rest of it but a dimmer switch in the bathroom is handy. It keeps you from getting blinded by the light when using the commode in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Stayed with some family friends in the Texas Panhandle. The room I stayed in had a satellite TV receiver with a red light on it. I was asleep one night and woke up to what looked like something walking back and forth in front of the television. No it wasn’t just blinking. It stayed on constantly.

Same room, woke up one morning and the whole bed was moved away from the wall several feet. Surprised I didn’t wake up.

The family I was staying with went into town to run some errands so I hung back at the house to shower and what not. Hop in the shower and I can hear noises on the other side of the wall, just put it off and figure it’s the AC or something kicking on. Get out of shower and walk back to my room and I hear cowboy boots walking down the hall on the wood floor towards me. Look out of the room and there isn’t anybody.

Whole house was haunted. Even the new addition they had built on. They would have their grandchildren’s toys turn on in the middle of the night and move across the living room. I didn’t believe in ghosts or whatever it was till I stayed with them for a week and actually witnessed it. Haven’t been back to be honest.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor got up one morning while it was still dark out and he went outside to get the newspaper from the curb some 100 yards away. He said he was halfway when he saw a cluster of blinking lights coming across the lawn toward him.

It was the LED collar I had on an all-black dog that, when young, was prone to roam about on our morning walks. The lights were how I kept track of his location, and we were up the street when the neighbor came out and the dog ran to greet him. For a moment, the neighbor was spooked ;)

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKAY, here goes. Believe it or not - it's your choice.

While in college living off campus my roommate was going with a girl who had some weird friends. One of these friends was a satanic priest. He and his wife came over for cards and an impromptu seance afterward. I swear she was possessed! We discussed further the fact the priest used to be a Christian but was too far into the satanic stuff Jesus would not have him back. I challenged this expressing anyone can receive the blood of Christ and be saved.

Well, they conjured up a demon on the wall of my kitchen. This sucker had a wolf's head, red eyes, snake's body with a barbed tail and two arms with three claws on each. I had been enbibing in a few beers but was not drunk. The priest's wife called this thing's name and it smoked and went away.

The next day my roommate and I were at the student union and discussing the thing we saw on the wall. My girlfriend showed up and I drew a picture of this thing on a napkin with a sharpie. I threw it away and went on to class. Later that day I was at home and stuck my hand into my jeans pocket and pulled out that damn napkin! My roommate about crapped his pants trying to get out of the house. This time I drew a cross on it and burned the napkin. Never seen it since.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't help you with the rest of it but a dimmer switch in the bathroom is handy. It keeps you from getting blinded by the light when using the commode in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning.

That's what plug-in night lights are made for. When we are traveling, I carry two of the night lights in my toiletries bag. Very dang few hotels have decent lights in their bathrooms. In fact, I think some of the Hampton Inn hotels are the only ones I've seen that had night lights in their bathrooms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom