Ghost stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cats are evil...
True dat!

We have doors with lever handles and our cat figured out early how to open them. He lets himself in and out of the garage often, and has even let himself outside. Dang thing will never shut a door behind him though.

Latest thing is that he has figured out how to turn the lights on. We have awoken in the middle of the night with multiple lights on through the house.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cats are evil...
1633557164516.png

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I currently live in a house that was haunted when I first lived in. It was a 12 yo girl.

She has since moved on.

That’s about all you’re gonna get, but it was as real as anything I’ve ever experienced, and I don’t really believe in ghosts.
I would love to hear that story. I always wanted to put together a collection of stories that people really experienced.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a search and found no other thread (i.e. I did a search, looked through the first two pages and gave up) so I thought I would create one. Lets hear them! And no "my brothers, cousin's, nephew's ex-girlfriends roomate" type. Lets hear those spooky stories that YOU witnessed! I'll start with one of my own. This is a house I bought in 2010. When we first moved in our two cats spent three days chasing something around the house. They both would track it if they were in the room together, and would both lose interest at the same time. One day I went to change the light switch in the master bathroom (who in their right mind puts a dimmer switch in a bathroom that has just a sink and toilet??) and since the breakers were not marked, I was doing the ole flip one at a time and check. Well, I was walking back in the garage on the 3rd try and suddenly a breaker flips open on its own. I looked at it, flipped it back on and waited to see if anything else happened. It didn't. Then I thought about it, flipped it back off and went to check. Sure enough, that was the breaker I was looking for. Since then that breaker has never flipped open again. Now, as an isolated incident, that's not too convincing. I had the same thing happen last year when I went to replace the garbage disposal. Exact same scenario. Our newest cats (the original two have since passed on, one in 2018 at the age of 15, and one back in Jan of this year at the age of 20) both do the same thing. They will all of the sudden "see" something and will go around the house chasing it. Haven't worried about it as nothing else happens except things not being were we left them (but that can be explained by old age lol).

You got spectral mice man.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to hear that story. I always wanted to put together a collection of stories that people really experienced.
When I moved in the house I was married to a lady that was a little “touched”. What she was actually was nutty as a **** house rat.

Not long after we move in she started telling me about a ghost. I never saw anything. Heard some weird stuff from time to time, but it was a crappy old house in the country. I told her she was nutz. She said “she” didn’t bother me because “she”liked me, but “she” didn’t like her. This s*** was constant.

We’d lived there a few years when I was talking to the old man across the fence and he asked me if I knew about the girl that has been killed in my kitchen. I about pissed my pants. So, this was the daughter of a fairly infamous ass hole about town. Had pulled a gun on several people, including a cop and the school principal. He’d gotten into it with his wife, whipped out a shotgun, and the little girl got between him and her mom. Gun discharged and she was DRT. He did no time in jail. Accidental shooting. The house was sold a few years later to the family I bought it from. They had young girls. 3 of them. They stayed in the back bedroom. Holy. S***. I never told the wife and made the neighbor promise not to ever mention it, cause it would cause problems. I also told him the wife had mentioned it and he said yeah, I hear she’s still down there from the folks you bought the house from.

The @ss hole has a very distinctive name. Local people ask me where I live, I tell them about where and they say something like “where now?” And I say “I live in *** ******’s old house.” Everyone knows this guy and where he lived.

I divorced the crazy lady. Lived alone for 2-3 years. Married the next gal. She had a 8 yo boy and 2 cats. She never talked about ghosts, but she would come find me and say she hadn’t heard me clearly, “what did you say?” I didn’t say anything. Strange looks. Came and got me once and said, “why didn’t you say good morning when you walked by the bathroom?” I hadn’t walked by the bathroom. The 2 cats avoided that back bedroom like the plague. The boy’s room. Loved that boy. Both of them. If he sat down they were both all over him. When he went in his room they left him alone. They didn’t have a problem tear ass’ing around the rest of the house, but if they were following you and you went in that room, they would stop at the door and wait until you came back out. I told her about the first wife and her ghost and the story about the little girl. She deduced that that was the little girl’s room, she liked the boy, so that’s where she must be hanging out, and only came out when something else was amiss, and she probably hated the crazy lady because her dad had been bat **** crazy. We lived with her. She was never a lot of trouble for me, and rarely bothered the wife, and as far as we knew the boy knew nothing about it.

A few years later I’m remodeling the house. There are 2 very small crosses painted above the windows in the back and front bedroom. None in the master. I’ve lived there 15 years, never saw them. Painted over them. Came right back. I’m a paint guy, work for the largest paint company in NA. I can fix that. Nothing, and I mean I nothing I put over them would seal them up. Not a big deal, curtains hide them anyhow, and they’re only 2-3 inches tall. Screw it, hang the curtains.

Several years pass, probably 7, she’s just kinda there. She likes us I guess. Adores the boy my wife claims. Scares the piss out of the cats, one of which has been replaced, but same behavior. I come home on a Wednesday. Wife meets me at the back door. “Come look at this”. Both cats are curled up on the boys bed. Sound asleep. Hmmm. No big deal.

Local paper is published on Thursday. I go get a coffee in the morning and the headline on the paper in the rack by the door on my way out reads, “local @ss hole dies”. (That’s not verbatim, but something like that). I drop my coffee. I buy a paper. I show it to the wife when I get home, and she looks up at me with eyes as big as coffee saucers. It all comes together and makes a bunch of sense. The old man is dead. She’s gone. Moved on. Hopefully to a really nice place. Next time I paint the bedroom, the crosses are gone. The cats hang in the boys room until they their last day on earth as well. Never another incident.

Take it for what it’s worth.

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I moved in the house I was married to a lady that was a little “touched”. What she was actually was nutty as a **** house rat.

Not long after we move in she started telling me about a ghost. I never saw anything. Heard some weird stuff from time to time, but it was a crappy old house in the country. I told her she was nutz. She said “she” didn’t bother me because “she”liked me, but “she” didn’t like her. This s*** was constant.

We’d lived there a few years when I was talking to the old man across the fence and he asked me if I knew about the girl that has been killed in my kitchen. I about pissed my pants. So, this was the daughter of a fairly infamous ass hole about town. Had pulled a gun on several people, including a cop and the school principal. He’d gotten into it with his wife, whipped out a shotgun, and the little girl got between him and her mom. Gun discharged and she was DRT. He did no time in jail. Accidental shooting. The house was sold a few years later to the family I bought it from. They had young girls. 3 of them. They stayed in the back bedroom. Holy. S***. I never told the wife and made the neighbor promise not to ever mention it, cause it would cause problems. I also told him the wife had mentioned it and he said yeah, I hear she’s still down there from the folks you bought the house from.

The @ss hole has a very distinctive name. Local people ask me where I live, I tell them about where and they say something like “where now?” And I say “I live in *** ******’s old house.” Everyone knows this guy and where he lived.

I divorced the crazy lady. Lived alone for 2-3 years. Married the next gal. She had a 8 yo boy and 2 cats. She never talked about ghosts, but she would come find me and say she hadn’t heard me clearly, “what did you say?” I didn’t say anything. Strange looks. Came and got me once and said, “why didn’t you say good morning when you walked by the bathroom?” I hadn’t walked by the bathroom. The 2 cats avoided that back bedroom like the plague. The boy’s room. Loved that boy. Both of them. If he sat down they were both all over him. When he went in his room they left him alone. They didn’t have a problem tear ass’ing around the rest of the house, but if they were following you and you went in that room, they would stop at the door and wait until you came back out. I told her about the first wife and her ghost and the story about the little girl. She deduced that that was the little girl’s room, she liked the boy, so that’s where she must be hanging out, and only came out when something else was amiss, and she probably hated the crazy lady because her dad had been bat **** crazy. We lived with her. She was never a lot of trouble for me, and rarely bothered the wife, and as far as we knew the boy knew nothing about it.

A few years later I’m remodeling the house. There are 2 very small crosses painted above the windows in the back and front bedroom. None in the master. I’ve lived there 15 years, never saw them. Painted over them. Came right back. I’m a paint guy, work for the largest paint company in NA. I can fix that. Nothing, and I mean I nothing I put over them would seal them up. Not a big deal, curtains hide them anyhow, and they’re only 2-3 inches tall. Screw it, hang the curtains.

Several years pass, probably 7, she’s just kinda there. She likes us I guess. Adores the boy my wife claims. Scares the piss out of the cats, one of which has been replaced, but same behavior. I come home on a Wednesday. Wife meets me at the back door. “Come look at this”. Both cats are curled up on the boys bed. Sound asleep. Hmmm. No big deal.

Local paper is published on Thursday. I go get a coffee in the morning and the headline on the paper in the rack by the door on my way out reads, “local @ss hole dies”. (That’s not verbatim, but something like that). I drop my coffee. I buy a paper. I show it to the wife when I get home, and she looks up at me with eyes as big as coffee saucers. It all comes together and makes a bunch of sense. The old man is dead. She’s gone. Moved on. Hopefully to a really nice place. Next time I paint the bedroom, the crosses are gone. The cats hang in the boys room until they their last day on earth as well. Never another incident.

Take it for what it’s worth.
There is a TV show called “My haunted house.” Creepy as all get out, my wife won’t watch it but my daughters and I enjoy it. It’s all about real experiences from every day people. You should get in touch with them. Your story is better than several of those episodes I’ve watched.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a TV show called “My haunted house.” Creepy as all get out, my wife won’t watch it but my daughters and I enjoy it. It’s all about real experiences from every day people. You should get in touch with them. Your story is better than several of those episodes I’ve watched.

Nah. People I know already look at me like I’m as full of s**** as a Christmas turkey when I tell that story. I don’t need every fruit loop in the country showing up on my lawn wanting to come inside and see where the ghost lived.

I’ve never believed in ghosts, still don’t mostly, but what happened in this house happened. I was here. I experienced it. It was as real as real can be. Come to find out when the boy got older (he’s 29 on Friday), he told us he knew she was here. He tells his story pretty well, but he never told us until he was older. Like the others, it wasn’t one thing, or a couple of things, it was all the time, but she was never malevolent with anyone but the 1st wife. She was just here. Maybe caught in between here and where she eventually left for. Hell, I don’t know. Maybe she didn’t want to be here. Maybe it wasn’t her choice, maybe it was.

I can’t really say I’m glad she’s gone, cause she was never a lot of trouble, but I’m glad she is resting now.

Again, you can believe it or not, that’s for everyone to decide on their own.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah. People I know already look at me like I’m as full of s**** as a Christmas turkey when I tell that story. I don’t need every fruit loop in the country showing up on my lawn wanting to come inside and see where the ghost lived.

I’ve never believed in ghosts, still don’t mostly, but what happened in this house happened. I was here. I experienced it. It was as real as real can be. Come to find out when the boy got older (he’s 29 on Friday), he told us he knew she was here. He tells his story pretty well, but he never told us until he was older. Like the others, it wasn’t one thing, or a couple of things, it was all the time, but she was never malevolent with anyone but the 1st wife. She was just here. Maybe caught in between here and where she eventually left for. Hell, I don’t know. Maybe she didn’t want to be here. Maybe it wasn’t her choice, maybe it was.

I can’t really say I’m glad she’s gone, cause she was never a lot of trouble, but I’m glad she is resting now.

Again, you can believe it or not, that’s for everyone to decide on their own.
I bought an old house to remodel and rent. The wife and I weren’t getting along well so I decided to move in to it. I almost immediately started seeing a young girl around 12 years old. Kinda freaked me out but she wasn’t hurting anything. Didn’t believe in this crap at all. Thought people would think I was crazy especially after living separate from a wife of 27 years if I told anyone. My son 23 year old son would come and stay with me some and said weird stuff was going on. I never said anything to him about it. My wife that would stay over a few nights a week asked if I had seen a little girl. I finally told them both what was up. I tried googling anything about the house To no avail.
Told a friend about it. She wanted a paranormal Facebook group she was in to set up shop in my house. No way did I want that! Didn’t want to stir up trouble.
The wife and I had falling out and she didn’t come over for a couple months and I tore the paneling off the kitchen for a slow makeover. She came over to spend the night and asked if I had seen the girl lately. Told her not really, I think she’s gone. She called me the next day while I was working and and asked if I was fugging with her. Had a weird message painted in pink on the wall above where I’ve fed the dog for the previous 2 months in pink paint. Still don’t know how it got there. My son lives there now and still sees her. Pretty weird!!

Attachments

• F4016B7A-188C-4286-BCC9-7D4425A7E727.png
    F4016B7A-188C-4286-BCC9-7D4425A7E727.png
    259.4 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Top Bottom