Giggle switch . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to ATF, it is a machinegun conversion device which are treated the same as a machinegun. Read a little ways down in the link below.

https://www.atf.gov/our-history/internet-arms-trafficking

Not to pick nits, but...
The article says that "The switch is classified as a machine gun under federal law"
That was my basic question.

Reason I was asking is that I seem to remember that the various components needed for conversion of an AR15 to fully automatic, by and of themselves, are not illegal to own unless you ALSO own the AR15 that CAN be converted.
Ownership of the parts was legal.
Ownership of the parts PLUS the firearm was considered "Constructive Possession" or something like that.

Thought that might apply to the Glock Auto Sear, but according to the link, the switch itself has been classified as a machine gun.

Glad it isn't a shoelace!!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Giggle switches and rock and roll switches are illegal unless it’s one round per trigger pull, or one has paid the tax to the gubberment. I’ll stay a long way away from them like the bump stock and braces.
may I add to this for anyone else who may not know... Even if you are willing to do all the paperwork and tax. These items are ineligible to be legally owned by your typical civilian. The best they could ever be would be a post sample machine gun since

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to pick nits, but...
The article says that "The switch is classified as a machine gun under federal law"
That was my basic question.

Reason I was asking is that I seem to remember that the various components needed for conversion of an AR15 to fully automatic, by and of themselves, are not illegal to own unless you ALSO own the AR15 that CAN be converted.
Ownership of the parts was legal.
Ownership of the parts PLUS the firearm was considered "Constructive Possession" or something like that.

Thought that might apply to the Glock Auto Sear, but according to the link, the switch itself has been classified as a machine gun.

Glad it isn't a shoelace!!
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firear...-firearms-national-firearms-act-definitions-0

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Giggle switches and rock and roll switches are illegal unless it’s one round per trigger pull, or one has paid the tax to the gubberment. I’ll stay a long way away from them like the bump stock and braces.
Exactly why I "want" a binary trigger for a 10/22 but have held of on getting it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom