Girl Scout Murders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vaguely remember this, I had just finished my Freshman semester in College. It’s been so many years I had to google this to see what was said happened.

I don’t know, it just doesn’t seem to me to be that only 1 person did this. It seems to me to be so much more likely that there was another person in on this.

And that makes me wonder why the jury returned a not guilty verdict.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vaguely remember this, I had just finished my Freshman semester in College. It’s been so many years I had to google this to see what was said happened.

I don’t know, it just doesn’t seem to me to be that only 1 person did this. It seems to me to be so much more likely that there was another person in on this.

And that makes me wonder why the jury returned a not guilty verdict.
My :twocents: is that the jury thought he was being railroaded by a vindictive sheriff. They pretty much knew he planted evidence. I suspect he sunk his case doing that even though he was likely correct about Hart being involved. Also the evidence that showed others had to be involved and the sheriff, DA and OSBI denying that from the jump all the way through.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not seen the Fox series but ABC had an episode of the show 20/20 a few weeks ago about the Girl Scout murders.
Don't know if this link works or not (may have to get a Hulu subscription to watch the ABC show).
04-girl-scout-murders
Thanks for posting that link. I was able to watch it and I don't have Hulu. I was able to airplay it from my iPhone to my Roku TV. This video is mentioned at the end of the Fox Series.

I wonder if the current sheriff has all of the evidence that the lady got from the family Sheriff Weaver and I'm thinking he doesn't. He makes some valid points and I can understand him coming to the opinion he did though. I still think there were others involved. One convict interviewed by Sheriff Smith that was looking for a plea deal, he told the Sheriff he'd give him everything and everyone if the DA would only take the death penalty off the table. That's it. That's all he wanted. DA said hell no, so it was a dead end at that point. Hart's family corroborated some of the info and unknowingly at that. There is a crap ton more detail in the Fox series.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My :twocents: is that the jury thought he was being railroaded by a vindictive sheriff. They pretty much knew he planted evidence. I suspect he sunk his case doing that even though he was likely correct about Hart being involved. Also the evidence that showed others had to be involved and the sheriff, DA and OSBI denying that from the jump all the way through.
Jury nullification.
Very interesting. It's been awhile but I do remember hearing about this. Going to it check out. Thanks for the information.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with the Dr. who's daughter was killed and had the teacher who's daughter was killed from Broken Arrow so you can tell how many people it touched. I have seen a few few different shows on it. Wished they had better closure for the families.

Latest posts

Top Bottom