GIVEAWAY: .30-06 / .308 Bullet Pen - VOTE to Enter HERE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thoughts on Hornady Z-Max Zombie Ammo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I can find a box locally, I'll pick one up for the novelty of it.

I hear ya. I'm in the camp that will probably pick up a box just for the fun. Although I might make some keyrings out of those fancy glow in the dark boolits :)

I know here in Tulsa Franson's Firearms is going to be getting some in.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly is a Z-Max bullet? All I can find out in a search is the tip is green and not to be used for anything but shooting Zombies.

It just has the glow in the dark green ballistic tip. Nothing special, just marketing.

I think the .308 and .223 are really A-Max bullets and the 7.62x39 is a V-Max. The pistol stuff looks like XTP with maybe some kind of a green insert in the hollow point.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It just has the glow in the dark green ballistic tip.

Do they glow in the dark? It would be cool to have a glowing green hole in the head of the next Zombie I kill on a dark moonless night.

Then I will take notes with my new free Mighty Pen so I can have all the details of my Zombie kills so we can all share of our Zombie exploits in full detail.

~ Question ~ I don't have a Mighty pen yet but I love the idea and plan on buying a couple as gifts for the shooters in my family. I also want to promote them a little. Do any of you know if it is OK to promote stuff on Facebook Posts or have mini sublimimininable ad/photo as my avatar?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they glow in the dark? It would be cool to have a glowing green hole in the head of the next Zombie I kill on a dark moonless night.

Then I will take notes with my new free Mighty Pen so I can have all the details of my Zombie kills so we can all share of our Zombie exploits in full detail.

~ Question ~ I don't have a Mighty pen yet but I love the idea and plan on buying a couple as gifts for the shooters in my family. I also want to promote them a little. Do any of you know if it is OK to promote stuff on Facebook Posts or have mini sublimimininable ad/photo as my avatar?

I'm not sure about glow in the dark. Hornady markets them as "glowing green tip" but they aren't shipping them until November so unless there is a report out there on them that I haven't read, we won't know for sure until then unless there is a leak at the factory or we get some more details from Hornady.

Would love to be able to satisfy your gift giving needs with some MIGHTY PENS! Please feel free to promote on Facebook using the 'like buttons on this thread, or however you wish... I don't have a FB business page up yet to do it directly, but I will soon. I'm spending all my time right now preparing enough inventory for the big Tulsa Wanenmacher's Gun Show on Nov. 12-13th. Please come by and see me on 26D. I'll be setup with Mark's Firearms.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The WINNER of this week's giveaway of a Bullet Pen is CodyC99

Congratulations!

If you didn't happen to win, you can still check out all of the Bullet Pens, Keyrings and the awesome .50 BMG Razors available at: http://www.theMIGHTYPENco.com and you can also swing by FRANSON FIREARMS in Tulsa located at 6813 E 15th to see and purchase the products in person. I'll aslo be setting up at the bug Tulsa Wanenmacher's Gun Show on Nov. 11-13th right beside Mark's Firearms at table location 26D.

The poll ended with 97 votes. Sounds like most people think the Hornady Zombie ammo is a neat marketing idea but fewer are going to actually purchase that I would have anticipated. I’ll be buying some and I know that Franson’s Firearms will be getting some in so give them a call and see when you can pick some up.

If you're interested in the details and fairness of the selection, I used the 'Random Picker' website which has a random number generator to pick winners of contests and provide verifiable proof online. The poll voting is the entry method to allow me to enter actual names into the picker and automatically limit entries to 1 per person. The cool thing about the random picker site is that it also allows you to verify fairness by making sure your name was included in the drawing too. Remember, I'll be using poll voting as the entry method every time so even if you post in the thread, you have to vote to be included.

You can find the details here if you're interested: http://www.randompicker.com/protocol/2320x88480

www.randompicker.com_images_seal_en1.gif

Ps. The timestamp is Pacific time. I closed the entries at 10:00pm Tulsa time and ran the picker at 10:34pm.

Thanks everyone for entering and watch for yet another MIGHTY PEN giveaway starting tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom