Giving GunBroker A Try

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought a few things over the years on GunBroker, but have never before attempted to sell a firearm on there. I was kicking around the idea of selling my NIB never fired Remington 870 XCS Marine Magnum. I spoke with another member on here earlier today about possible prices, and the value range he suggested was on par with what I thought it would probably be.

Well, I got home tonight and decided to check and see what they had been selling for on GunBroker. There hasn't been too many of those Marine Magnums for sale recently, but the ones that were posted and sold, for the most part, sold for SIGNIFICANTLY more than the value I had in mind. There were some used that recently sold for $400 to $500 over what I thought the value would be, a few really nice used ones at $600-700 above that value, and one other NIB like mine that sold for over $1000 above the value I had in mind. Maybe these were more desirable than I had previously thought. Now I like you folks just fine, but I doubt I'd realize that level of price on OSA! With this new information, I figured 'what the hell' and decided to post my first gun for sale on a 10 day auction, so we'll see what happens.

Do any of you have experience selling firearms on GunBroker? If so, is there any advice you can give, or tips to make shipping easier? I plan on just going the FedEx ground route (obviously once the buyers info and FFL license is received). Any hints on packaging, procedures for proper notification to FedEx that I am shipping a firearm, etc.? I've read through that section of their website, but experienced advice is always appreciated.

This is not an effort to try to promote my GB ad on this website, and due to that fact I will not be posting a link.

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen some crazy prices on Gunbroker and wonder if they get paid.

A M1919 like mine sold in the last day or two for $6,025...about 50% more than I had mine valued at. Another I looked up was a P238 Equinox...3 recently sold...2 north of $700 and one for a bit over $1,100.

I'll be interested to see if yours sells for a much higher price like some of the others you're basing the new value on...and whether it gets paid.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your comment gave me an idea, and it worked! You can view the bid history of an item and see who the winning bidder was. Then, you can look at the buyer feedback for that bidder and see if the shotgun seller left any info. I just checked the three highest sales for recent Marine Magnums, and all three had received good buyer feedback from each seller.

Cmon' baby, Adam needs a new pair of shoes!

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I just checked GB. Do you have it listed now? If not, let us know when you do. I’d like to follow the auction.
I saw one guy that has his starting bid at 9500! Maybe it’s a typo and he meant 950?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
hey i had a user on here message me about pricing a particular firearm. i told him to use the truegunvalue website, but i did say straight up if you are looking for most profit you should use gunbroker.

it's no secret guns are sold here much cheaper. for anyone looking to make a quick buck, i don't see anything wrong with using an auction site that requires a bit more hassle (shipping, ffl, yada yada) but will fetch a higher price.

for those that are selling on okshooters, i definitely salute you! when it comes time for me to sell (NEVER!) i know i'll be here. but i can't and won't blame anyone if they sell for the most they can get out of something.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just checked GB. Do you have it listed now? If not, let us know when you do. I’d like to follow the auction.
I saw one guy that has his starting bid at 9500! Maybe it’s a typo and he meant 950?
Yeah, I saw that one too. I don't think it was a typo. If you read through the notes on that auction, it says the price is going up by $1000 later if it doesn't sell. I don't think that person really understands how commerce works.

I had it listed last night. Early this morning someone used the 'Buy It Now' feature. I just sent them a message and will arrange for payment. Gunbroker sure does have a lot of steps to process an auction! It seems like there is 10 different menus you have to go through!

Latest posts

Top Bottom