Giving GunBroker A Try

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that one too. I don't think it was a typo. If you read through the notes on that auction, it says the price is going up by $1000 later if it doesn't sell. I don't think that person really understands how commerce works.
Hmm, if it doesn’t sell when it’s priced an order of magnitude high, we’ll price it even higher! That’ll learn ‘em!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. Make sure you understand how much the fees are.
2. Make sure you add enough to cover freight, or charge actual.
3. Make sure you know whether or not to collect sales tax.
4. Make sure to only accept cashier check, or postal money order. Let either of them clear for several days before shipping your firearm.
5. Be careful shipping to "gun unfriendly" states---especially if high cap mags are involved.

If cashiers check, I usually call the issuing bank to verify validity. If postal money order, you can verify it online.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington 870 shotguns go for big money on gunbroker. I was lucky to get $465 for one on armslist. When I decide to sell my IAC 1887 shotgun they go for $850+ on there. It's new in box never fired.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just about any gun I've sold has either been to a friend or here on OSA. I just figured I'd give Gunbroker a try. Don't be disappointed!
Sometimes you have to try. I've had firearms I've all but tried to give away here and Armslist, only to have no takers. Threw it on GB and it was gone like that.

I've thought about listing a couple I have there, but the thought of boxing, shipping and dealing with the FFL turns me away.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to try. I've had firearms I've all but tried to give away here and Armslist, only to have no takers. Threw it on GB and it was gone like that.

I've thought about listing a couple I have there, but the thought of boxing, shipping and dealing with the FFL turns me away.
I can understand that. I'm currently on the hunt for a box big enough to hold the factory Remington box inside of it. FedEx says that the box the firearm is shipped in cannot have any labeling on it showing that it is a firearm, so the hunt is on for a large sized rifle box. Aside from that, everything needed to process and ship the order seems easy enough.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can find a really big box (like an appliance came in), you might be able to measure the size you need, cut the cardboard accordingly and then fold it inside out (so plain cardboard is facing out).
Then put the factory Remington box inside and tape it up really, really good maybe?
Just guessing at a solution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom