Glad i wasn't carring my gun today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to tell a story that happened a couple of hours ago and how tempers from a little traffic incident (yelling/flipping the bird from both parties) can get out of hand even with people you have known for 20 years. I was sitting in the living room just about to finish lunch when i hear yelling outside, a car door slam and more yelling then a white truck stops in the neighbors drive way. i see my daughter in tears screaming through the window, i run outside and see that she was yelling at my neighbors dad who i have been friendly with for 20 yrs when we moved in. She screamed that he called her a whore and being a father i asked if this is true he yelled yes i did, for some reason it set me off too and i got loud and yelled back at him. I told him told call my daughter a whore, i dont care what she did but you do not call her a whore. He was about 15-20 ft away and started to come towards me an step onto my property coming at in anger and my hand went to my side to pull my gun. In the heat of the moment i would have shot him, in anger. This is not the whole story, but a snap shot of it, just needed a case of PBR and some newports to make it a episode of cops. This is not a post of how bad i think i am, its a post about how i lost my cool and worse lost my control and if i would have been armed that i would of taken a man's life. After a little yelling, then allot of heated talking we shook hands. He even come back to apologize to my daughter. I hope people can understand my story and how to be careful in not letting feeling/anger cloud your judgement and you react.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think people realize how truly crazy they can get when it involves a loved one, much less their own child. More than once those same situations have led to someone ending up in jail and/or in the morgue. Glad everything worked out for y'all.

Edit: Not saying your crazy, but I've been in that blind rage with someone before when it has involved something said to a loved one.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad it ended well, but unless she started yelling names at him first he had no place calling her a whore particularly for a traffic problem. People spend too much time on the internet now that they think it's OK to cuss someone out in public and puff up without paying a price. Best case scenario happened i guess, but at the very minimum he was asking for a fat lip. Worst case he'd be pushing up daisies and rightfully so after marching angrily across your property with obvious intent to do you both harm.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
At no time does it sound like there was any life-threatening circumstances that should cause you to even consider pulling a gun on someone. Maybe you don't really have any business carrying a gun or having a permit to do so. That's why so many domestic situations end up in shootings. You have lots of people that don't have any business even having a gun around.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was glad I was in my old truck today and not my car. I was coming back from dumping a load of trash at the dump when a guy in a little suv turned left while meeting me at a very short distance. My old truck has old drum brakes and can't stop on a dime like new trucks. I hit the brakes and went into the other lane to miss the fool. I usually don't get road rage but, today was a rare exception. I really would have liked to coach the person on their driving with hands on demonstrations if needed.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At no time does it sound like there was any life-threatening circumstances that should cause you to even consider pulling a gun on someone. Maybe you don't really have any business carrying a gun or having a permit to do so. That's why so many domestic situations end up in shootings. You have lots of people that don't have any business even having a gun around.

"I am going to tell a story that happened a couple of hours ago and how tempers from a little traffic incident (yelling/flipping the bird from both parties) can get out of hand even with people you have known for 20 years. I was sitting in the living room just about to finish lunch when i hear yelling outside, a car door slam and more yelling then a white truck stops in the neighbors drive way. i see my daughter in tears screaming through the window, i run outside and see that she was yelling at my neighbors dad who i have been friendly with for 20 yrs when we moved in. She screamed that he called her a whore and being a father i asked if this is true he yelled yes i did, for some reason it set me off too and i got loud and yelled back at him. I told him told call my daughter a whore, i dont care what she did but you do not call her a whore. He was about 15-20 ft away and started to come towards me an step onto my property coming at in anger and my hand went to my side to pull my gun. In the heat of the moment i would have shot him, in anger. This is not the whole story, but a snap shot of it, just needed a case of PBR and some newports to make it a episode of cops. This is not a post of how bad i think i am, its a post about how i lost my cool and worse lost my control and if i would have been armed that i would of taken a man's life. After a little yelling, then allot of heated talking we shook hands. He even come back to apologize to my daughter. I hope people can understand my story and how to be careful in not letting feeling/anger cloud your judgement and you react."

Looks like you missed this part.....

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was glad I was in my old truck today and not my car. I was coming back from dumping a load of trash at the dump when a guy in a little suv turned left while meeting me at a very short distance. My old truck has old drum brakes and can't stop on a dime like new trucks. I hit the brakes and went into the other lane to miss the fool. I usually don't get road rage but, today was a rare exception. I really would have liked to coach the person on their driving with hands on demonstrations if needed.
I ride a Harley and there are many days I’d like to give some cager a wall to wall counseling. Lots of phone distracted idjits on the road. I have road rage a lot

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ride a Harley and there are many days I’d like to give some cager a wall to wall counseling. Lots of phone distracted idjits on the road. I have road rage a lot
Exactly why on days like today I keep my driver side window cracked, my old white 1 ton has a huge blind spot, lot easier to know where you're at when I can hear ya coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom