Glad i wasn't carring my gun today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.... I just want people to understand you can get caught up in something and spin out of control before you realize that something is a minor thing.

Akgriffin,
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is a good reminder that everyone is human and has times of weakness.
Regardless of 'what/why/ or how', we all need to learn to better handle situations - especially when things get heated.
THIS IS A GOOD REMINDER FOR ALL OF US.

I am glad everything worked out for you, and you took the initiative to learned a valuable lesson.
We should all be as lucky to try and learn from these examples.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Delete this before someone takes you serious. If someone comes running at you from 15-20 feet away with rage in their eyes and you don't drop them you deserve the beating you're about to get, and the curbstomp afterward. Only an idiot would stand there and take the concussions until a knife is pulled, particularly if they're over 50.

I don't know, but maybe you should delete your comment as well? Suppose an incident happened and the other party saw this posting on a public forum. Might they then have some evidence that you might "jump the gun?"

After all, you are advising extreme violence in spite of no weapons being drawn.

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Akgriffin,
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is a good reminder that everyone is human and has times of weakness.
Regardless of 'what/why/ or how', we all need to learn to better handle situations - especially when things get heated.
THIS IS A GOOD REMINDER FOR ALL OF US.

I am glad everything worked out for you, and you took the initiative to learned a valuable lesson.
We should all be as lucky to try and learn from these examples.
thats all i am hoping for.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don't know, but maybe you should delete your comment as well? Suppose an incident happened and the other party saw this posting on a public forum. Might they then have some evidence that you might "jump the gun?"

After all, you are advising extreme violence in spite of no weapons being drawn.
Yea, he sounds like one of those that probably needs some adult supervision around a gun. He thinks he can just "drop" anyone walking towards him that is mad. Too many clowns like that running around already with loaded guns wanting to play cowboy. Unbelievable !

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This story reeks of braggadocio. Either that or you shouldn’t walk around being heeled because angry men who talk tough and walk scary toward you frighten you to a point of shooting them.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Extreme violence in the face of perceived violence. Are you saying that, like Mavs, you'd stand there and take a beating on your front lawn?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, he sounds like one of those that probably needs some adult supervision around a gun. He thinks he can just "drop" anyone walking towards him that is mad. Too many clowns like that running around already with loaded guns wanting to play cowboy. Unbelievable !
Like making strong Monday morning quarterback judgements on a situation we were no at… Unbelievable!

S1q2w3e4r

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I am going to tell a story that happened a couple of hours ago and how tempers from a little traffic incident (yelling/flipping the bird from both parties) can get out of hand even with people you have known for 20 years. I was sitting in the living room just about to finish lunch when i hear yelling outside, a car door slam and more yelling then a white truck stops in the neighbors drive way. i see my daughter in tears screaming through the window, i run outside and see that she was yelling at my neighbors dad who i have been friendly with for 20 yrs when we moved in. She screamed that he called her a whore and being a father i asked if this is true he yelled yes i did, for some reason it set me off too and i got loud and yelled back at him. I told him told call my daughter a whore, i dont care what she did but you do not call her a whore. He was about 15-20 ft away and started to come towards me an step onto my property coming at in anger and my hand went to my side to pull my gun. In the heat of the moment i would have shot him, in anger. This is not the whole story, but a snap shot of it, just needed a case of PBR and some newports to make it a episode of cops. This is not a post of how bad i think i am, its a post about how i lost my cool and worse lost my control and if i would have been armed that i would of taken a man's life. After a little yelling, then allot of heated talking we shook hands. He even come back to apologize to my daughter. I hope people can understand my story and how to be careful in not letting feeling/anger cloud your judgement and you react."

Looks like you missed this part.....
Wow. Looks like you have a major anger problem yourself if you think he would have been justified in shooting this man or even brandishing a firearm in this situation.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Extreme violence in the face of perceived violence. Are you saying that, like Mavs, you'd stand there and take a beating on your front lawn?

Actually, I probably would take a beating. I'd rather take a beating that take a life. And, I'm nearly 76 years old and would still take the beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom