Glad i wasn't carring my gun today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Tink are you such a wimp that you think everyone can whip your ass on your front lawn? You are the kind of person that the anti-gun crowd wants guns taken away from.....

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tink are you such a wimp that you think everyone can whip your ass on your front lawn? You are the kind of person that the anti-gun crowd wants guns taken away from.....
Walk your self on over here and find out. Big words from someone that blocks their profile.

Reactions: JD8

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anger and fear are normal natural emotions and in part why we have become the planet's dominate species. Neither emotion is necessarily a negative until we let them control our ability to reason. Fear is much easier to overcome than anger as it usually just takes repeated exposer to what causes the fear. I've only met a couple people who exhibited bouts of uncontrollable anger, for the rest it was varying degrees of anger. Both anger and fear can be overcome if a person wants, most don't as it takes time and effort. There is an easy fix for the person interested in self defense and has issues with anger and fear, join a combat sports gym or even a martial arts school that has sparring is a part of the training. I know, it sounds cliche but it works. After a while physical aggression becomes routine and the fear of is easier to control. Same for anger, some people with anger issues tend to become angry when experiencing physical aggression even in a controlled atmosphere. For those people one of two things will happen, they will learn to control their anger or they will stop training, like I said it takes effort. There is more to it though, the person will eventually become comfortable with being uncomfortable physically, emotionally and psychologically. Should the need arise the person will CAT scan their antagonist walking toward them same as they do when sparring, physical aggression has become normal, it has become a part of their lives. This of course has to be combined with a basic understanding of behavior, reading Varg Freeborn will help with that understanding.

As an aside, instructor/LEO Chuck Haggard has a saying that all self defenders should take to heart, "Between a harsh word and a gun", he is referencing pepper spray. Away from home I always carry pepper spray. It is the rare attack where defending with pepper spray isn't justifiable. It is the lowest rung on the use of force ladder and if you do make a mistake the penalty is far less than it would be for a firearm.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very mature. I guess you don't live around The City. And after that comment you're trying to preach morality? I suppose you'd stand there and take the beating then suck your dinner through a straw after your teeth were stomped out? No, if someone comes at you in anger like that, especially on your property, you have every right to drop them.

Fortunately he was able to de-escalate and this was a friend so there was some history, but he was well within his right to shoot.

As for who should own a gun, everyone should. That's not for you to decide.

This is NOT a response of criticism, but one of a statement of fact, principally about the part above in bold letters.

Back in 2009, I had all the rest of my teeth pulled with the plan of getting false teeth. After all the teeth had been pulled, my dentist had me wait two months before getting forms of my gums for the dentures. She wanted the gums to heal very well before that process.

Point is, one can be surprised of just what one can eat without a single tooth in their mouth. In the case of steaks, one just has to cut the bites up a little smaller before putting them in one's mouth.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I didn't miss it at all. He was coming at him but wasn't brandishing a pistol or a knife, or carrying a baseball bat. You mean to tell me if someone comes at you completely unarmed, you think that is justification to pull out your pistol and shoot him? Let's see what the district attorney and the courts might have to say about that.

I don't know his size or the health of the OP. Don't worry about what I would do, I'm just pointing out you're making a ton of assumptions and painting a broad brush.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
For obvious reasons.............. Personal attacks folks are not acceptable . Please keep it civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom