Glad i wasn't carring my gun today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@mavs, I don't know the age or size of the two involved. But if the person that is attacking doesn't have a weapon it doesn't preclude drawing a gun and perhaps using it. It's called "disparity of force".

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
@mavs, I don't know the age or size of the two involved. But if the person that is attacking doesn't have a weapon it doesn't preclude drawing a gun and perhaps using it. It's called "disparity of force".
Well since it was resolved without any gunfire, in fact without even any physical contact, I assume there was no "disparity of force" involved. The OP stated that if he had been armed, he would have pulled his gun and shot the guy even though after the fact we know that it was to come to a peaceful ending.

But for the fact that they guy just happened to not be carrying, he would have shot the guy. That just kind of proves the fact that there was no disparity of force and that the situation was not bad enough that he felt like his life was in danger since the guy never laid a hand on him.

I still think that if this guy really believes he would have used his gun since he tried to draw it in the first place, then he probably has no business carrying a gun anyway. I doubt he was ever in fear for his life, but was ready to pull a gun.....not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: edl

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Carrying a gun requires extra caution before getting yourself triggered by someone stupid. I was carrying last summer in a beach bar in Pensacola. Walked away from a drunk idiot that I really wanted to mace in the face or give an extra body piercing too. Spent the next 3 days enjoying the sights instead of the inside of a jail cell. Still pisses me off to think about it.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is an incredible responsibility to carry - honestly one can get themselves into a lifetime of trouble for a second's decision, or a second of not thinking.

We seem to be living in a time where patience and a cool head are rare for many reasons.

This is going to sound weird, but someone can call me or mine a name if they want. They can have their opinion. I can't make them think any differently. I can think they are a fool for having that opinion. Where it gets serious is if they are unwilling to go their way and I go mine, if it raises into a life threatening situation then that is something different. There are a lot of fools not worth getting into the mud with.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tink....you sound kind of like one of those who has a gun but probably shouldn't.

"Tink" isn't that the nickname Peter Pan had for Tinkerbell ?
Very mature. I guess you don't live around The City. And after that comment you're trying to preach morality? I suppose you'd stand there and take the beating then suck your dinner through a straw after your teeth were stomped out? No, if someone comes at you in anger like that, especially on your property, you have every right to drop them.

Fortunately he was able to de-escalate and this was a friend so there was some history, but he was well within his right to shoot.

As for who should own a gun, everyone should. That's not for you to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom