Glasgow Scotland Climate change meeting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our dear leader brain dead biden spoke there today....let me correct that, he mumbled through his speech there today.
We are nearing the tipping point of no return for the climate crisis when there is no return. (What the fawk does that mean?)
We are entering into an existential crisis that we will never be able to recover from. Ice melting in the arctic, record cold temperature. (WTF?)
Droughts causing crop losses, major flooding everywhere. (WTF?)
Every sentence that idiot muttered contradicted every thing he said.
After his speech, he slept through most of the rest of the speeches while real emergencies are going on in the US.
Hell, since the 70's, we have been going through a potential ice age or a heat wave with a 10 year limit when human life will no longer exist according to them. Anybody in the US die from a glacier mowing them down lately?
Meanwhile, going to that climate change conference, there were 30,000 participants flying in on approximately 400 private jets and multiple commercial flights.
WHAT?
In this time of Zoom conferencing there has to be a procession of elites to a conference? Our kids couldn't go to school and had to use Zoom. WTF is wrong with them doing the same?
Biden had an 85 vehicle motorcade through Rome when attending the G-20 conference with another 20 vehicle motorcade in Scotland that averaged 8MPG to fight "climate change?"

According to Charlie Kirk, Biden's convoy of 4 airplanes will emit 2.2 million pounds of carbon during his 5 day trip.
The vehicle convoys will have emitted 1680 pounds of carbon during the 92 mile drive to Glasgow.

These folks sure don't seem to be too worried about their carbon footprint. Why are they trying to mandate it on us like the vaccines?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Politics.

The right professes there are zero issues and we should all go to a picnic.

The left declares we are at the end of the world and you should kiss you butt goodbye.

The truth is somewhere in between.
Roast away.
Soooo true it needed to be posted twice!

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Politics.

The left declares we are at the end of the world and you should kiss you butt goodbye.

Roast away.
Climate change is like political correctness. Total BS. Climate change is the lefts new religion. It is unfounded progressive nonsense design to redistribute and steal wealth the wealth of our Nation.

Regardless of what they said we’ve had to do or what they’ve pretended what we’ve done, absolutely nothing has happened. Those ice caps didn’t disappear like Al Gore stated and the world didn’t freeze over and start a nice another Ice Age like what was projected in the 60s or 70s. And they got it so wrong over the previous 50 years that they had to change it from global cooling, global warming to climate change because they can’t predict anything accurately

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah poor old John Kerry told the attendees that "a hundred billion dollars won't do it." When will they know they have enough money collected and how are they going to spend it? I smell people getting rich if there is such a smell.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Politics.

Roast away.
I agree wholeheartedly. It is our responsibility as the human race to take care of our world (even for you religious folks, if I’m not mistaken it was the first thing god told Adam). But at the same time, we have to rely upon the earth to maintain homeostasis. Too much meddling does not result in good things. Gas cars aren’t great, but electric cars are even worse, even with the currently underpowered infrastructure that cannot support them. If you look at the difference between just what it takes to build an electric car, vs what emissions/carbon whatever a diesel car emits during its lifetime/build process the diesel emits far less. Electric vehicles at this point are simply a status symbol.

Plunging our nation, or any number of wealthy nations, into poverty and ruin for the sake of saving the environment just doesn’t work. Just look at all the other third world countries in the world and what they produce. Should we invest in clean energy? Sure. But currently we’re doing it all wrong. Wind power end up with a negative carbon signature when it’s at the end of its life, and it cannot be recycled. (Maybe positive? I dunno. They take more carbon to make and maintain than they produce/save in their lifetimes.) Not at least in a cost effective manner. Old turbines get cut up and buried. Look it up, interesting stuff. Electric cars and batteries cause unbelievable damage when they need materials extracted from the earth, far more than fossil fuels. Strip mines for lithium can be miles wide holes in the ground. Oil wells are between 10 and 30 inches wide at the surface. We don’t even have a good way to recycle or reuse electric car parts or batteries. That all just gets thrown in a hole at the moment.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until you shut down every industry.
Cap every oil and gas well.
Turn off every power plant.
Shut down any pollution leaks and then kill off 95% of the earths human population, it won't do anything.
And all that won't change the earths climate cycles.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Politics.

Roast away.
I don't disagree that the truth is somewhere between those two extremes. But it's a helluva lot closer to the "picnic" side than the "end of the world" side.

I have real problems to deal with in my life. I don't need to be worrying about made up, leftist, BS.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
What bothers me is that they have these kids speaking out. Yeah, they inherit the future and we gotta look out for them, but I listened to what a few of them have to say, and they have zero touch with reality. I truly do not understand what the motive is behind it. It seems the consensus is that we should just flip a switch, run electric everything off of unicorn farts and sunshine, and not use any petroleum or products involved with or created by petroleum. It doesn’t work like that. We can’t just not cut down any more trees ever. It isnt even good forestry/conservation practices. I think that all these fools up top (whether they deserve to be there or they’re 15 year old kids placed as figureheads) would be blown away to see what good we could do if we upped our diesel usage vs gasoline, increased our acceptance of nuclear power, and funded our wildlife/land conservation programs as well as changing our recycling/waste disposal policies. When I was in Germany everyone had 4-5 am trash cans. Only one of those was actually trash. An extra 5 minutes of your week was dedicated to ensuring you put the right trash in the right can. So much was recycled and disposed of properly. I’ve sat down with landfill managers here in Oklahoma and the plan is to fill up the land, and in 50 years or more it might decompose. But no plans after that. It’s just a trash heap, regardless. That’s pretty wreckless in my opinion, considering that for a few extra bucks from each of us and a few minutes invested we could avoid all that. Sadly, it doesn’t fit in with our society, regardless of what side of the political fence you’re on.
Those four things would make a bigger change than any electric car/alternative energy/wishing upon a star BS that everyone is pushing right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom